• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakuman. (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
I do agree that the Miura arc is necessary to set up the future arcs and it is a necessary part of the story, just that to me the writing doesn't seem quite as good as it did at the beginning or it currently is in the manga. When I was reading it for the first time, I wasn't waiting with bated breath for the next chapter like I am at the moment or was at the beginning of the series. I appreciate Miura's enthusiasm, but like you said, it's painfully obvious he's not the best editor for Ashirogi. I don't dislike him as a character though. spoiler[He does become Iwase's editor later on] which I found to be an interesting development.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
its finally here the third season of Bakuman

Bakuman Season 3

Genre: slice of life,drama,comedy

anime#13867

the first episode definitely gets us back into the action. I'm thrilled to see this particular anime continue. besides being smart and funny the characters are so well developed. I'd gladly recommend this series 1-2 and now the third season as a must watch.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

spoiler[Azuki in +Natural as the heroine.
Mashiro was not very happy about it.
Looks like their dream is getting a bit modified.
First episode and there's already trouble.
Looks like the whole Azuki thing is reallly getting to Mashiro.
Niizuma was as awesome as ever! ^^
I'm glad those two speeded things up a bit in their relationship.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:30 am Reply with quote
Well, I've watched the first two episodes of the third season and I have to say I'm impressed. The story and characters are still as good as they were in season two, and I like the duel that has been developing between Crow and +Natural on one side and PCP on the other. I also really appreciated the focus in the first episode on Mashiro and Azuki's relationship, and how they treated one another. They had such cute scenes together it was adorable.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Well, I've watched the first two episodes of the third season and I have to say I'm impressed. The story and characters are still as good as they were in season two, and I like the duel that has been developing between Crow and +Natural on one side and PCP on the other. I also really appreciated the focus in the first episode on Mashiro and Azuki's relationship, and how they treated one another. They had such cute scenes together it was adorable.

I don't know, it kind of grated on me when spoiler[Mashiro demanded that she not go for the +Natural role in the end and how she caved in. It felt not-quite-right and unlike how the series presented set-backs in their relationship in a satisfying way previously. It also disrupted the whole go-for-your-dream aspect. Handwaving it away with excuses like, she can't do two shows at once is nonsense, given how many VAs do exactly that.] Also, I didn't like the off-handed way his spoiler[dropping out of college] was handled.

Otherwise, it was entertaining and I'm glad to have it back. The parts with Nizuma and Hiroki were as amusing as ever. I wish Otters 11 were real.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I don't know, it kind of grated on me when spoiler[Mashiro demanded that she not go for the +Natural role in the end and how she caved in. It felt not-quite-right and unlike how the series presented set-backs in their relationship in a satisfying way previously. It also disrupted the whole go-for-your-dream aspect. Handwaving it away with excuses like, she can't do two shows at once is nonsense, given how many VAs do exactly that.] Also, I didn't like the off-handed way his spoiler[dropping out of college] was handled.

Yeah, it is kinda sexist that he would demand that but not really. The two shows thing was just an excuse; she didn't want to audition and was looking for him to provide the excuse not to. He knew (through Takagi) that she didn't want to do it, and was torn between respecting her career and not letting her go through with something she didn't want to do.

She certainly didn't cave in; she was only at the audition to decline it. I do think it was crazy of him to turn up at the audition and whisk her away like that, but it turned out Azuki was very impressed and pleased by his fortitude and passion. If it had been handled a little bit differently I might have been pissed off by the sexism, but I wasn't bothered. Plus, Azuki turning down the role lead to that outburst from Iwase; she's so funny when she's pissed.

I'm a bit worried about Azuki's line that the next time they see one another will be after they realise their dreams. Firstly it reminds the audience of the stupid premise of the plot which the second season tried its best to overcome. Secondly, it might mean that we see very little of her this season, which worries me. Of course, they promised before that they wouldn't see one another and broke that promise, but will they break it again? I hope so.

dragon695 wrote:
I wish Otters 11 were real.

So do I. The commercial for it that appeared during +Natural was hilarious. And those figurines/dolls were adorable. It will get a one-shot publication in the real-life Weekly Shonen Jump, so there is that.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

spoiler[Iwase Aiko always second to Takagi.
Looks like she never intends to be second to him again!
Thinking of a more intense, reader catching story.
Their thinking and creating process was really interesting to watch.
Showing us their manga]
was a nice bonus too ^^
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
this last episode is trying to ramp up the tension of the ratings I'm inclined to think the next few episodes will show the other authors more.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
Heh, I only just watched episode three as I'd been waiting for the real fansubbers to release it.

I really loved the multi-arc plot that was outlined in PCP; it was actually really well done. The machinations and traps within traps seemed straight out of Death Note.

I also liked that the story went out of its way to show us the plots in the Manga. We constantly hear the characters talk about stuff like "I need to improve the story" but so rarely do we actually get to see what they are talking about. So this episode was an absolute treat.

One thing I will say is that despite the great story that Takagi has crafted, it seems that the guys won't find it so easy to increase in the rankings. I mean, they basically showed their hands to the audience already, which is usually a sign that things won't go to plan.

Oh, and it's apparently been six years since the start of the show. That we've seen first-hand how these characters have learned and grown and developed has been one of the (many) highlights.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

spoiler[So PCP passed +NATURAL and behind Crow by only 2 votes.
Things are certainly looking up for Ashirogi Muto.
They got a drama CD too. That's just one of the up sides.
It's finally time for Azuki to show her talent to Mashiro.
Everything was going perfect until the no anime news.
Well, their editor did have a good point about it.
So they actually got everything but the anime, at least for now.]
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I am most displeased that spoiler[Otters 11 will be ending!] Mad
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
the leaders love fest lol
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

spoiler[Ashirogi Muto really have grown a lot.
Akito's new idea of an unorthodox battle manga was interesting.
Hiramaru & Aoki date...
That guy really went out of his way to get some privacy with Aoki.
Yoshida had his hands full with chasing those two.
At least everyone except Yoshida encouraged him to confess.
The biggest surprise was that she actually accepted.]
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess that clinches it for a certain someone never getting a return bus...
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 8 (I think)

Loved the manga opening! I wanna see that chapter 10 ending the editors were talking about.

And I loved the way that conniving artist spoiler[manipulated the Internet with his "too hot for Shonen Jack" scans to gin up a protest.]

What is curious, though, is spoiler[if his Ashirogi Muto fanboyism is a sham like everything else, why is he showing them all his cards up front? (aside from standard bad guy monologing reasons)?]

Also, as I'm watching this raw, a question to those watching it subbed: how are the translators dealing with the frequently-used terms "Oudou" and "jadou"? (王道 and 邪道)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 13