• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Just caught the latest episode, man I admit I cried. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
As expected from the company Key, they are able to create emotions and this episode did that imo.

Komari is quite sad and that empty expression on her face shows it. Even watching Komari's past with her brother was emotional. I didn't cry this episode but this arc was sad imo. Komari thinks it's all a bad dream but sadly, it's the reality, a harsh reality.

Quote:
The hen remembered that she was once an egg

Anyways, nice emotional episode. Looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, comparing the first route on Clannad anime and the first route on LB! anime, this is nothing. It's quite emotional, but didn't make me cry at all. (maybe because I'm still quite disturbed by Komari's voice)

In the VN, I think this route isn't that good anyway. The only part I like in the route, is that Little Busters! were there to support Riki when he made the picture book.
(I think there's some change in the picture book he made, but I didn't remember really well, so whatever)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I did not quite cry in this episode, but I was close. I guess I have trouble with feeling like the trauma is quite bad enough, spoiler[she lost her brother, but lots of people go through that and we are just supposed to think it was extra bad because she messed herself up.] Perhaps as I am comparing it to other Key anime that it feels a little less, it is not like spoiler[she lost the people she soley depended on, tried to cut herself out of insanity, or being unable to griev due to trying to stop a gang war. Instead she tried to run away.]

It gets point for how totally messed she was like, but don't see why they all felt like they were helpless, perhaps they should have called a psychiatrist, or maybe even just the school counciler.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, you have to remember that the first route of Clannad didn't conclude until the ninth episode. It was able to delve much further into the common route and didn't cut-out all that much from the route like JC Staff did for Komari's route.

Still, I think it has been a good adaptation thus far. It has kept the most vital things and while Komari's route was one of my least favorite routes from the VN I can see clearly now how and why it was written the way it was.

Looking forward to Haru-chin Max Power next episode though it's funny they're waiting so long to even introduce Mio.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Sad part is spoiler[according to the episode summaries we won't see mio till episode 10.]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Haru-chin's route will be 3 episodes then? I'm pretty sure it's either the longest or second-longest of the side-heroines.

One thing that has been irritating me is that there haven't been any cats on the baseball field during practice. Also, when will the spoiler[showdown with Sasasasegura happen?] That happens quite early in the common route and they still haven't shown it.
Skullface

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, you have to remember that the first route of Clannad didn't conclude until the ninth episode. It was able to delve much further into the common route and didn't cut-out all that much from the route like JC Staff did for Komari's route.

This. There was a lot taken out of this route. not saying thats a bad thing I think its a very good adaptation and really liking the changes they are making to the story. But deff a lot of other material taken out like how (VN stuff) spoiler[the grandpa coughed up blood one time and that triggered Komari's episode(death AND blood trigger it) and that's why he is avoiding her. Also, how he himself had a wife that was the same as her and he let his wife believe he was his older brother to help her and eventually he married her but she never forgot about his older brother and it wore her down and broke her in the end. The only time she remembered who he was, was in her last 3 days and that's why he can still regard her as his wife. That is one thing they took out]

Megiddo wrote:

One thing that has been irritating me is that there haven't been any cats on the baseball field during practice. Also, when will the spoiler[showdown with Sasasasegura happen?] That happens quite early in the common route and they still haven't shown it.

I'm sure it will be in later in between the arcs and such
opn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Haru-chin's route will be 3 episodes then? I'm pretty sure it's either the longest or second-longest of the side-heroines.

No spoiler[according to the future episode summaries episodes 7 and 8 will be basically be them getting kud and haruka. Episode 9 will be another rin 1 episode and 10 will be the debut of mio. ]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Komari was pretty sad looking this time.
Her flashback to childhood days with her brother was really nice.
It was more than obvious that she loved her brother very much.
Yes, she totally sees Riki as her substitute brother.
Everyone felt sorry for her which is normal considering the situation.
Looks like she had some sort of a reoccurring breakdown.
Riki really gave it his all to help her feel better.
That picture book was a really sweet thing to do.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
i felt nothing while watching this latest episode. the only thing i kept thinking of was the lack of professional help for this traumatized girl. does that make me a bad person?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Can definitely feel the compression in the story, but it's not too bad. I'll still want to play the VN, though, when Ecstacy gets translated.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
A meh episode imo. I think episode 7's highlight would be that spoiler[battle at the beginning between Rin and Masato. Those cats and nail trimmers. Laughing]

There's also a more serious girl/school president named Futaki this episode. She looks like a more mature version of Haruka but seems to enforce the rules a bit strict around school. Overall, this looks like a stand alone episode that might set off the beginning of the upcoming new arc which I believe is likely to be Haruka.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

This Haruka girl has to be my favorite yet, I found her idea of spoiler[jokes hillarious, the fact that they were not too elaborate] made them even more so. Thought it kind of funny that she actually spoiler[threw marbles on the ground] as I actually predicted that it would be spoiler[marbles] as soon as she put her hands in her pocket. The characters seemed to think that she is an idiot, but I thought it might have been an ironic sense of humour that I actually found her likable.

Only thing that bothered me was that her hair is a really impractical colour, and that is for an anime colour. I might be completly off, but anime cliche would say that the Kanata girl spoiler[is like her half sister sister with diffirent parent after divorce] or something.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:37 am Reply with quote
Masato vs Rin sister.
He lost that fight right from the start.
There's no messing with her cats.
The playing catch part was fun to watch.
Kanata sure is a serious girl.
Saigusa on the other hand is a trouble maker, but is not always automatically guilty.
So Little Busters got another member..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 32