• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DragonBall Evolution opened with $10.1 mil in 8 territories

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dust2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
http://boxofficemojo.com/intl/weekend/?yr=2009&wk=11&p=.htm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i68061ff8eae6a637227ebcf7f5fa45c1

At No. 4, Fox's "Dragonball Evolution" premiered in eight Asian markets before its April 8 domestic opening. Director James Wong's live-action adaptation of the famous Japanese cartoon series created by Akira Toriyama co-stars Justin Chatwin and Chow Yun-fat and drew $10.1 million from 2,110 screens.

Following heavy prerelease promotion in the region, it premiered at No. 1 in China, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore. The China opening tally, $3.4 million from 855 locales, was Fox's fourth-highest weekend opening in the market. "Dragonball's" No. 2 Japan bow produced $3.3 million from 540 screens.

p.s. Not sure how to make this into the NEWS on the front page. If someone do, please do it.

Last edited by Dust2 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
That's over $9 million. Rolling Eyes
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:26 am Reply with quote
Dust2 wrote:
p.s. Not sure how to make this into the NEWS on the front page. If someone do, please do it.

YOU can't. You send your message to [email protected] with the content that you have written down and also with the links. Then they'll see about trying to put it on. Pretty sure that they would, since DB has been the hot topic for the past couple of months.
Cloe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Dust2, don't use the Talkback forums to submit news.

Please submit news to [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1