• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konami Releases New Free-to-Play Silent Hill Game, Silent HIll 2 Combat Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I get that OG Silent Hill 2's combat is usually considered a bit lackluster, but making an entire trailer revolving around combat is kind of taking the wrong idea about what the game is really about. I've only ever played first two games, but neither of them were really combat focused, honestly. Not that I'm against updating SH2 in that way to reflect more modern survival horror games, but it's just a bizarre thing to make a trailer about.

Also, people are already pointing out how Bloober Team is pretty much removing any subtlety regarding SH2's plot, as there's a wall in the trailer James looks at that literally says "Reap What You Sow". It's as though Bloober thinks that Garth Marenghi is a real writer & that his legendary line "I know writers who use subtext, and they're all cowards" is meant to taken seriously.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:54 am Reply with quote
They REALLY want us to forgive them for PT, don't they?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, Silent Hill could use all the good press it can get.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
They REALLY want us to forgive them for PT, don't they?

If people can mostly forgive them for the more poorer Silent Hill titles that actually made it to market I don’t know why those same people would consider PT’s cancellation to be the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1