• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Schedule change

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabuto Tokugawa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote
This may be old news here, but for those who do not know, as of March 6th 2008, Cartoon Network changed its Adult Swim lineup to this;

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

As you can see there is almost no anime during the week.
Full Metal and GITS 2nd gig are only on Fridays now, and it appears that Cowboy Bebop will replace Blood+, not Code Geas.

Just FYI.

KT

PS: My apologies in advance if this was already discussed.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
If you look at the last week of that schedule, Bebop's just a placeholder until Geass premieres in late April. Also, given the usual way that Adult Swim operates, I doubt that that schedule will last for any hugely significant amount of time.
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quote
I just recently checked their schedule and it seems that, starting Friday, they go back to the regular schedule. Why are they doing this other schedule for just 3 days? Maybe they are warming up for April Fools?

EDIT: The schedule I'm referring to is at the bottom of AS's homepage.
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the headsup.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
I just recently checked their schedule and it seems that, starting Friday, they go back to the regular schedule. Why are they doing this other schedule for just 3 days? Maybe they are warming up for April Fools?

EDIT: The schedule I'm referring to is at the bottom of AS's homepage.

Honestly, what were you expecting? Like I've said before, they've got Loki doing schedules for them- they change things randomly and for no readily apparent reason. Sometimes I think they do it specifically to mess with us, but I for one really don't give a damn so long as I get to see the new stuff every Saturday at a reasonable time.
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I agree. As long as they don't mess with the Sat schedule, I'm happy. I was relieved to see that April Fools falls on a Tuesday this year. As far as tonight's and tomorrow's weird schedule, I'll just have more time to play games. Cool
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
i've pretty much stop watching Adult Swim, their line-ups now are horrible, they take forever on getting anime (seriously why do i wanna see a dub of the same anime i got done watching a year ago. if i wanted to hear dubs, i would get the DVD). why dont they show subtitled anime?
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
i've pretty much stop watching Adult Swim, their line-ups now are horrible, they take forever on getting anime (seriously why do i wanna see a dub of the same anime i got done watching a year ago. if i wanted to hear dubs, i would get the DVD). why don't they show subtitled anime?

You know, if you stopped pirating, you wouldn't be subject to that disappointment...
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Code Geass at 1:30 AM?!?!?!?! Why don't they just save themselves the trouble of beating us and air 12 Oz. Mouse instead of anime Evil or Very Mad?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Psh, sleep is for the week. And the later slots on the Saturday lineup have been known to pull better ratings than the 11/11:30 shows on a fairly consistent basis, which some have attributed to people coming back in from parties.

(Oh, and 12 Oz. Mouse is all kinds of win.)
gdupninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen Code Geass yet so im looking forward to it.
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
cool3865 wrote:
i've pretty much stop watching Adult Swim, their line-ups now are horrible, they take forever on getting anime (seriously why do i wanna see a dub of the same anime i got done watching a year ago. if i wanted to hear dubs, i would get the DVD). why don't they show subtitled anime?

You know, if you stopped pirating, you wouldn't be subject to that disappointment...

dont worry i also buy DVD's of the shows i like once they come out.

plus most of the time Adult Swim dosent show the really good shows that come out.
gdupninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:

You do have a point. A few years ago Adult Swim was airing more anime shows like .Hack Sign, various Gundam Series, Blue Gender and a few others but ask yourself this. Were any of those other shows really popular? Personaly I preferred the old adult swim but lets face it, the majority of adult swim viewers probably prefer shows like Family Guy and Futurama.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:

Cause their audience speaks English. Dubs are also a way to get casual watchers or newcomers to watch since they're less likely to want to read subtitles. I have a feeling subbed anime would get less ratings.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
why don't they show subtitled anime?

The same reason why Japan doesn't show subtitled overseas animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3