• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anonymous;Code Game's Trailer Reveals English Dub for September 8 Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Considering the fact that all the others MAGES Science Adventure VN have been animated, I will not be surprised if this one had already an adaptation planned for years, postponed and close to completion or already done .
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I completely forgot MAGES has filed for bankruptcy recently. Guess this was their last VN.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Considering the fact that all the others MAGES Science Adventure VN have been animated, I will not be surprised if this one had already an adaptation planned for years, postponed and close to completion or already done .

This game's release was incredibly delayed from 2016 until it was released in July 2022, so I doubt that a potential anime adaptation would be that far in production. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the way though.

As an example, Persona 5 The Animation was released about a year and seven months after Persona 5's release in Japan. It hasn't been a year yet for Anonymous;Code.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Exceptions like Scarlet nexus anime which happened literally 1 week after the game release date exist, they couldn't have made a 2 cours of a game which had yet to be released if it wasn't planned for years.
igiari21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Toyokaaaa wrote:
I completely forgot MAGES has filed for bankruptcy recently. Guess this was their last VN.

Sorry but your post is wrong. While Mages is not in a good place right now they entered insolvency, which is not the same as bankruptcy. They also have made VNs since this released in Japan and have other VNs in the works.
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:08 pm Reply with quote
igiari21 wrote:
Toyokaaaa wrote:

Sorry but your post is wrong. While Mages is not in a good place right now they entered insolvency, which is not the same as bankruptcy. They also have made VNs since this released in Japan and have other VNs in the works.

Eh, it's a slippery slope.They're in debt+massive losses of profits from A;C mediocre sales, not to mention horrible state of C;H localization before numerous patches. Let's not kid ourselves.
They might be able to produce something atm, but it won't last for too long.
igiari21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Toyokaaaa wrote:
igiari21 wrote:
Toyokaaaa wrote:

Eh, it's a slippery slope.They're in debt+massive losses of profits from A;C mediocre sales, not to mention horrible state of C;H localization before numerous patches. Let's not kid ourselves.
They might be able to produce something atm, but it won't last for too long.

Okay but your original post is still just... incorrect. Plus they didn't localize Chaos;Head, Spike Chunsoft did. Their financial state really has little, to do with that.

Nevertheless I do agree that Mages isn't in a good position now and I do hope they pull through because losing them would be a massive blow for VN gaming.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:33 am Reply with quote
Toyokaaaa wrote:

What you talkin bout, Willis?! They got Steins;??? in the works amongst many others, lol
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:16 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly kind of surprised this is dubbed.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:18 am Reply with quote
Finally PC English release of another novel in Science;Adventure series! I am so glad!
Aster97

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:03 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Exceptions like Scarlet nexus anime which happened literally 1 week after the game release date exist, they couldn't have made a 2 cours of a game which had yet to be released if it wasn't planned for years.

I thought it was really cool. they put hidden messages that you had to spot in scenes in the each episode that came out every week, then you could enter those messages in this side quest in the game and get special items. i wish more anime based off of games would do that
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1