• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto and Powerman 5000

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bllanosr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quote
I was just watching the "When Worlds Collide" video by Powerman 5000 and noticed the lead singer looks a lot like Naruto in Naruto Shippuden. That video came out way before the Naruto series started so I'm wondering if that video influenced how naruto would like in his teen years. Or maybe it's just me.

Here a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81aJmjUK08s
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quote
Nah...that looks totally coincidence. In my opinion, they don't really look alike at all. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I agree, it's probably just coincidence. The only thing in common is the bright blond hair and that the lead singer has goggles, like Naruto has a headband.

What's weird though was I got my first glimpse of Naruto from an AMV, which was done to Powerman 5000's When Worlds Collide song. It's still one of my favorite AMVs. Smile
bllanosr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
But the outfit looks very similar to what naruto wears.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I watched it again and I still don't think "Naruto." Naruto's new outfit is just an improvement of the old one and has nothing to do with this video; his anime character design is based off his manga character design and I doubt Kishimoto has seen this video. Ergo, coincidence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1