• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Line, anyone ever heard of this?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of Shinchan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I was in the Japanese bookstore at Rockafeller Center and I saw this one-shot manga called LINE. It's about two school girls who stumble onto a murder plot or something through a cell phone, it's a thriller.

It sounded great and the subtle covered was in watercolors I think. But alas I had no money to spend.

Has anyone read this? Recommend it?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read it, but I can tell you that I really want to. I've heard some good things about it. Plus, it's only one volume so there's no commitment to a series or anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Son of Shinchan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
I haven't read it, but I can tell you that I really want to. I've heard some good things about it. Plus, it's only one volume so there's no commitment to a series or anything.

Yeah, the one shot element is what I also found very alluring. The commitment attached to some of these books can be exhausting.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote
I bought it because its by the same author as Anne Freaks, which I was also reading and enjoying when it was released. Line is okay, but nothing special. But at one volume, its a very small investment and couldn't hurt to give it a try.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quote
Heard of. Not read. It looks interesting, and at one volume there are worse purchases you could make. I definitely haven't heard anything bad (kind of obscure, though, so what can I say?).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1