• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can't register due to Comfirmation (NOT REGISTRATION) Code

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QueTea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I attempt to create an account (I'm on someone else's account right now) it tells me I entered the comfirmation code incorrectly. I'm fully aware that it is case sensitive and that zeros have a slash through them.

When I clicked on "notify an Administrator" it gave me an Email adress of "[email protected]" which promptly refused to accept any email that I sent it.

EDIT: I've also tried with multiple account names, email adresses, computers, and web browsers.

Last edited by QueTea on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
A friend of mine said he was having this problem too and I checked it out at his house. He's right, there appears to be a problem with the confirmation code. My guess is that the one displaying and the one the console is expecting are not matching up when it generates the picture.
QueTea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quote
Well, it looks like at least SOME people can register, since people have registered since I have tried. I'm kind of surprised that no moderators have adressed this issue though.....

Having an Admin email that sends your emails back to you doesn't help. And the fact that moderators have been on this board and adressed problems other than mine kind of sucks. For a site this big it sure seems hard to get help.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
QueTea wrote:
Having an Admin email that sends your emails back to you doesn't help. And the fact that moderators have been on this board and adressed problems other than mine kind of sucks. For a site this big it sure seems hard to get help.

The Moderators don't have the power to do anything about that, I think only Dan42 and Tempest can help you, try to PM them about this problem.
QueTea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
QueTea wrote:

The Moderators don't have the power to do anything about that, I think only Dan42 and Tempest can help you, try to PM them about this problem.

I actually PM'd Tempest a day ago, and havn't got a response.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quote
QueTea wrote:
I actually PM'd Tempest a day ago, and havn't got a response.

tempest, Zac and the rest of the crew are getting ready for AX, which may explain why he hasn't gotten back to yet. If it has to do with registering for the site I'm sure though that he'll be getting around to you. I know this because I pm'd him a couple days ago also and he hasn't responded.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about all that. It was a bit tricky but the problem is fixed now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1