• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brianne Siddall (anime VA) does Chinese kungfu dubs?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porcupine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Last night I was randomly watching Iron Monkey on Spike TV, and I noticed that the son is voiced by Brianne Siddall (Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN). I am 100% sure about this.

Do any other anime VAs do dubs for Chinese kungfu shows? I rarely watch them so I wouldn't know if they did or not.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I've heard several (crappily) dubbed Asian movies dubbed by Bang Zoom! people. After all, I'm sure voice acting isn't just limited to anime, so I wouldn't be surprised if you did hear her.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I saw yet another kung fu movie last night on TV (not Spike TV though) and again Brianne Siddall was in it, this time only in a very minor role. But I couldn't recognize anyone else.

Is there a place to search out Chinese kung fu VA dub credits somewhere? I would love to know what other kung fu shows Brianne Siddall and other anime VAs have done.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quote
Well, the problem with Asian movie dubs is that they normally don't even credit the voices. And if they do, they usually use different names outside of their anime ones. You just have to find a company that re-uses a lot of the same actors (like MiramAxe) and hope you hear someone familiar.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quote
It's only natural... Voice actors/actresses can't just focus on anime. Same goes for Latin American dubbers... There can even be a chance that ONE does voices for 2 or even 3 characters!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1