• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fav Female Protogonist Pokemon Trainer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
ahh yes, as you may Know Pokemon has been running strong for a good 10 years and even if it has gone downhill in recent years, it still holds a place in my heart and lately, I've been doing quite a few tribute AMV's to Misty,May and Hikari and it inspired me to create this Thread.

So,who's your fav Pokemon female out of all the 3? to start things off, I'll explaine each of the three on how strongly I feel about all three of them.

Misty- Far by my most personal fav, because she had alot of spunk and personality,quick temper and steered Ash in the right direction,she was a Gym leader for goodness sakes,and she had a cool team of Pokemon like Staryu,Starmie,Gyrados,Togepi,and the comic releif Psyduck, and watching episodes with her are just fun to watch,she's the reaosn why I loved the first few seasons and which inspired me to make AMV's in the first place,and plus it's always fun to watch her pull Brock by the ear whenever he's always getting it on with a girl. plus,she actually serves a purpuse for Ash and her relationship with him. like in the final episode of Pokemon Master Quest,that was very sad and touching,and she loves to get down and dirty and it was halariouse watching her argue constantly with Ash in the first season,but than she lightened up by the Johto arc.

May- mmmmm....lets see, well,she was ok,but she was pretty much of a loser when she first started and did'nt know what she was doing half the time when she first started out with Torchic,however,she was a bit more nicer and more friendlier,but still she was quite a loser at times and could'nt win half her Pokemon contest which she was the reason I started to lose interest in Pokemon,but at times she does try her hardest to improve,even though she was'nt my most fav,but I can't help but feel sorry for her,she was pretty much like Sakura Haruno from Naruto,however,she does have some good qualities like having breasts and hips for a 10 year old Very Happy ,as for her Pokemon Team,her other Pokemon were no where near the level of misty's like Beutifly and Munchlax,so in conclusion,she was'nt the best of the best,but ok in standords,and it would have been more enjoyable to watch episodes with her if she had'nt of brought her stupid little brother Max with her,May,I could handle,but her brother killed the show compleatly,the stupid nerd looked retarded when he try to pull brock by the ear.

Hikari- mmmmm....I can't judge too quickly on her yet,because I have'nt seen alot of episodes of Diamond and Pearl,but all I can say is that she's quite cute and starting to grow onto me, but she's a bit too more girly girly than Misty and May and she's more obsessed with worrying about her hair and her looks,but she does dresses cute Very Happy ,but that mini-skirt is pretty short for a 10 year old. as for her Pokemon team,her team is pretty decent like Piplup and Pachirisu, and she's a bit of a much battler than May. also Hikari does have some spunk like Misty but is'nt a total bitch like Misty was in the first season.

so as for my conclusion. Misty still remains the best in my opinion,better skills,a gym leader,better Pokemon. Very Happy
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Call me old fashioned, but only Misty will ever have a very big place in my heart as far as female Pokemon characters. She had character, the rest of them just seem to be pumped out as obligatory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Misty is the best of them all, I was severely saddened when she was replaced and it pissed me off.

May is a whore bag that needs to never be put on TV again, she's a horrible character and I want her to die, Max can stay though.

Hikari is cool, I love her outfit (hehe...) and she's much more ofa likeable person than May will ever be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I like May best, then Misty, then Dawn (Hikari).

May is a whore bag? LOL!!! You made me laugh hahaha. That is so funny. BAHAHA I am still laughing! (note, I'm not offended or anything, I just think it is so funny that a Pokemon girl got called a whore bag)

HAHAHAH

aahaha, it huurts

Oh yeah, about Dawn's mini-skirt. Yeah that thing is definitely way too short (this is good, not bad) and every other shot ought to be a fanservice pic with her. But she doesn't have a single one. Her skirt magically always stays where it needs to be and is overly rigid at times to the point where it is unbelievable. Especially when she's riding her bike.

Actually so far I've disliked the new season of Pokemon, it's the worst season ever in my opinion. The animation and drawing quality is the super crappiest ever, Dawn included. If the drawing quality were better (her character design is fine) I would probably like her more. But the new season is sloppy and low-budget.

The best Pokemon seasons were the first season, and the first season of Pokemon Advanced. The most effort and creativity were put into those seasons.

Last edited by Porcupine on Wed May 30, 2007 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miho

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Misty, hands down. I used to find her annoying back then but I think she's a much more interesting character than May is. May, IMO, is just dull and I find her to be irritating. I can't really say much about Hikari though, since I haven't seen any of Diamond and Pearl yet.

Last edited by Miho on Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey iwatch2muchanime change your avatar pic back to the old one, it was way better. This new one is terribly pic quality it is artifacts everywhere I can see it even as a thumbnail. -_-;
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
It's only that way because I had to change it's size to fit ANN.
NO, I change it in accordance to my myspace and I just made it Mahoromatic.

@ Porcupine

Diamond and Pearl is better than every season of Advanced and Master Quest, in both animation and characters (excluding Misty), hell the newest Pokemon are better than teh Pokemon added in Advanced. Thr first season was the best, followed by Johto, then the Orange Islands, no Advanced is good. NONE I TELL YOU!!! HAHAHA!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
May is a whore bag? LOL!!! You made me laugh hahaha. That is so funny. BAHAHA I am still laughing! (note, I'm not offended or anything, I just think it is so funny that a Pokemon girl got called a whore bag)

You know what is even funnier? The VA who originaly did the voice of Ash in the dub has also acted in Hentai titles.
Now that amuses me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Eruanna wrote:
Porcupine wrote:

You know what is even funnier? The VA who originaly did the voice of Ash in the dub has also acted in Hentai titles.
Now that amuses me.

HA, see what'd I tell you, the VA sold her body to erotically drawn pieces of paper or computer images just to get a few dollars, then went on to be the voice of one of the most famous anime characters EVER!!! What a sell out.

Anime smile
Maryohki

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Misty. Though the only Pokemon characters I'll ever really care about are Jessie and James. TEAM ROCKET!
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Misty and Joy and Jenny, because they are the only three that I know of.
Moros

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
XVII

Last edited by Moros on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
I like May best, then Misty, then Dawn (Hikari).

HAHAHAH

aahaha, it huurts

Oh yeah, about Dawn's mini-skirt. Yeah that thing is definitely way too short (this is good, not bad) and every other shot ought to be a fanservice pic with her. But she doesn't have a single one. Her skirt magically always stays where it needs to be and is overly rigid at times to the point where it is unbelievable. Especially when she's riding her bike.

Actually so far I've disliked the new season of Pokemon, it's the worst season ever in my opinion. The animation and drawing quality is the super crappiest ever, Dawn included. If the drawing quality were better (her character design is fine) I would probably like her more. But the new season is sloppy and low-budget.

The best Pokemon seasons were the first season, and the first season of Pokemon Advanced. The most effort and creativity were put into those seasons.

yeah Razz , but as I mentioned earlier, May has giant size breast for a 10 year old more than Misty Anime dazed, I mean should'nt have Misty gotten breast by now.lol

as for the advance Season you mentioned, I did'nt like the advance season too much, the only good episodes which were worth watching in that season were the 2 episodes in Season 7 of pokemon advanced challenge when Misty came back for a short while during the 2-parter Togepi Mirage kingdom episode when they first showed Misty in her new outfit.

and why do I get the feeling that the writers for the Diamond and Pearl season will have brock Starring at Hikari's Skirt Anime dazed, I just know that this will eventually happen in one episode,so far like everyone else mentioned,her panties have'nt even revealed yet,not even in the subbed japanese episodes.

As for May's annoying Brother Max,the only good qualities he had was that he's smarter than her Breast whore May,because if it were'nt for her Brother,May would have been in a worst state than she was right now,she has no idea what she's doing and I found her more of crybaby than Hikari,because she always sulks in sorrow when ever she loses in her Pokemon contest, not even Misty or Hikari would take it that hard.

Last edited by ChronoBall X on Thu May 31, 2007 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Eruanna wrote:
Now that amuses me.
Ahaha, and since Ash and May use the same VA, that means May really is a whore bag! Ahahaha!

All the same, I still like May the best, even if she is a whore bag. Yay, Veronica Taylor. Smile
game

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Misty is the best of them all

May is a whore

Hikari is a cry baby

Jeese- just stay on the show
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2