• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ghost entry in My Collection

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quote
When I went to add the first UK Speedgrapher DVD from
animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/collection.php?categ=5&op=A&anime_id=4579 I was informed that the volume 1 LE is already in my collection.. only it isn' t. I've added the first regular volume and now I apparently have both, but only the regular one is showing on my list.

[edit]There are also a load of Negima LEs greyed out as already owned, while I only own the first.[/edit]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mylene

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:25 am Reply with quote
You need to remove them from your Wishlist, and then you'll be able to put them in your normal collection. I had the same issue just a couple of months ago.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote
I just don't use the Wishlist, since it's too time consuming to remove things from the wishlist and add them to the Collection -- better to just add it once to the collection and be done with it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quote
Man, it's too time consuming to just rate all the jamn shows you have in your Seen All/Some list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
You need to remove them from your Wishlist, and then you'll be able to put them in your normal collection.

I know I'm dense but.. how? I wasn't even aware I had it on a wishlist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
undeadben

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Mylene wrote:
You need to remove them from your Wishlist, and then you'll be able to put them in your normal collection.

I know I'm dense but.. how? I wasn't even aware I had it on a wishlist.

When you go to my anime there should be a link under your "My Collection" called "Wish list." I know you have one, because it is in your public lists and you have these listed:

Quote:
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid + Artbox
Mahou Sensei Negima! - Magic 201: Magic & Combat Limited Edition
Mahou Sensei Negima! - Magic 301: Practical Application of Magic Limited Edition
Negima! - Magic 401: Magical Enchantments Limited Edition
Negima! - Magic 501: Magic Outside the Classroom Limited Edition
Pani Poni Dash! - Lethal Lesson
Shana - The Torch Bearer
Speed Grapher Limited Edition
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - Falling Star + Box
Trinity Blood Limited Edition
Trinity Blood Limited Edition
Trinity Blood - Limited Edition
X - Remix DVD Set

Once there, assuming you are logged in, there should be a small grey "edit" tag before each title. Click on that. It'll bring up your entry for the title and you'll see a tab that says "remove from wish list." Click on that and then go back to your "my collection' find it again and you should be able to add it.

It's a long process but that's why Zalis said he doesn't keep a wish list here and many others don't either. There is no way of just moving an item from wish list to collection, you have to go and remove it, go back to the collection, find it again and then add it.

I'd make some screen caps but my internet is slow today. I hope this helps though. Smile

ETA: Funny that you have Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid + Artbox in your wish list, that was the title I was trying to add to my collection last year when I discovered I had this issue.
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I hope that the next upgrade to the Encyclopedia includes some way to move titles between categories in the "Anime Goods" section much like you can do in "My Anime" or "My Manga".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1