• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Photo Feature: Tales of Festival 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
OK, that's pretty interesting thing to see. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Man these Tales of Festival events rock. If only I could go to them...

That dragon. So boss. *_*

Quote:
Some of the special mentions for fan shout-outs include Tales of Rebirth's Claire, as everyone in the stadium screamed her name when she appeared on screen (a joke to protagonist Veigue constantly yelling out her name in the game).

Oh god, that must have been awesome. I want to hear that! XD

Quote:
Fans also had a reaction to Tales of Destiny 2's Barbatos, although that reaction was one of great laughter.

Not surprising. Barbatos has been a meme in the Tales fandom on the level of Veigue's Claire shout for years. Also because of the legendary Wakamoto voicing him and his most famous quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI3qyT5hApU
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
People need to stop encouraging Barbatos and his belligerent aversion to item use. It's all fun and games until you actually have to fight him. Wink

In all seriousness, loved this article. Man, I would definitely love to check out a Tales fest in person.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1