• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
my ann

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argose83

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
i just noticed i could put up a list of all the anime i have seen...is there any chance that ann would alert me when news about series i have seen is available?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
Argose83 wrote:
i just noticed i could put up a list of all the anime i have seen...is there any chance that ann would alert me when news about series i have seen is available?

I believe ANN does have a section where you can find news about certain series that you have or even haven't seen. It's called The Encyclopedia
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I believe ANN does have a section where you can find news about certain series that you have or even haven't seen. It's called The Encyclopedia

I don't think it was what Argose83 asked for. S/he was asking an alert service that emails/PM whoever had watched/read the title and had it in the MyAnime list. For example, if I've watched Sailor Moon Sailor Stars and have added it to my MyAnime list, ANN would send me an email yesterday and tell me

Quote:
Amazon Sells Sailor Moon Bootleg as "Official Boxset." Item mislabeled as "Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: The Complete Official Boxset."

Click here to read the news.

You receive this message because you have added Sailor Moon Sailor Stars in your MyAnime list. If you want to stop receiving messages like this one, click here to unsubscribe.

However, as far as I know ANN does not have this service yet. The best thing you get now is the RSS feeds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Argose83

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
exactly.....but since you didn't say anythign about it i guess the my ann section is just for show and not to help keep you up to date with the countless titles you may have watched hehe
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, right now MyANN doesn't help with the news at all. In will later though.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1