• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SIte Access Problems?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
When ANN switched over to the Ruby on Rails thing to run their site I noticed that the site seems to go down on a regular basis. But, for the past few days I have noticed that when I try to access the site I have noticed that the site seems to be down more than usual. Is this normal for the site or are there server connections problems?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
We were discussing this in this thread. Although things seem to be running smoother, the main page often times does have issues loading for me. But normally it's going to load the next time I try to access the main page.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
It's a little slow right now, should be fixed soon (story of ANN's life).

-t
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I am not sure if this is related to the other server issues but I got an error message that I've never seen before.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/deltakiral/annuntitled.jpg

After I reloaded the page did come up, but it took a little bit longer then the average time.

Edit: As I attempted to submit this post, the site became unavailable with the server unable to be found. This is for both main site and the forums.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I am not sure if this is related to the other server issues but I got an error message that I've never seen before.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/deltakiral/annuntitled.jpg

After I reloaded the page did come up, but it took a little bit longer then the average time.

I've gotten a few phpBB errors recently varying in their similarity to that one. It didn't start happening until after the downtime, and it happened each time when I was submitting a post. I don't have a nice screenshot for you though, sorry. I didn't think much of the errors at the time, since refreshing the page got around the error.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1