• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No more daily anime/manga reviews?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bci110

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote
I don't know if the current Ah! My Goddess skin has anything to do with it, but I noticed that there hasn't been any new anime/manga reviews since Carl's review of Peach Girl Vol. #1 back on April 28. Did ANN decided not to carry on with daily anime/manga reviews, or is it just a glitch caused by the promotional skin?
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
The skin and site content don't interfere with each other. If there's no new review posted, either there is no new review, or there was some problem with submitting it.
bci110

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
The skin and site content don't interfere with each other. If there's no new review posted, either there is no new review, or there was some problem with submitting it.

Are you sure about that?
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely. The skin is just a cosmetic change to the site. It doesn't block or make content disappear.
bci110

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Absolutely. The skin is just a cosmetic change to the site. It doesn't block or make content disappear.

It still doesn't answer my question as to why ANN all of a sudden stopped posting daily reviews when they were doing so for the last year or so. Last I check all of their reviewers were still listed in the Staff page. I would appreciate it if one of the ANN staffers answer my question as to why the site stopped posting reviews, please.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
There was a technical glitch that prevented from posting reviews, and I was on vacation for the last few days so I couldn't fix it. Daily reviews should be back very very soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
There was a technical glitch that prevented from posting reviews, and I was on vacation for the last few days so I couldn't fix it. Daily reviews should be back very very soon.

Thank you, Dan. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1