• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
picture upload problem

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerv1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
When I try to add a new picture in the encyclopedia, a message just pops up saying no picture submitted everytime. How can I fix this problem?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
How big (size, not dimension) was the picture you submitted? It can't exceed 100 KB (102,400 bytes).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nerv1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
How big (size, not dimension) was the picture you submitted? It can't exceed 100 KB (102,400 bytes).

It was less than 100 kb,but a message would just keep poping up saying: "please select a picture to upload", "no info. was sent" or something like that.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Another possible cause was the file you submitted contains more than a dot / period or space in the file name. While I didn't pay much attention before, I've noticed that the system seems unable to accept files with dots and spaces in the file name recently. Please remove any special character (non-alphanumeric) in the file name; it will be changed anyway.

And please don't keep me guessing what was going on; be more descriptive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The image has to be JPEG, maybe that's why? But really, you should try giving more details than "it's not working". We're not diviners, you know, we can't diagnose the problem from just "it's not working".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nerv1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote
Sorry about that. Well, here's the problem. When I tried to submit a picture to a page on the encyclopedia it doesn't work. The picture I was planning to submit met the requirements of being a jpeg image, it was less than a 100 kb and the picture was under 200x200 pixels. Here is where the problem arises, when I submit a picture, a message later appears on top of the screen saying: "No information submitted".
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
Is it possible for you to post that picture on this forum and/or give us a link?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of which, I added a picture to an encyclopedia entry because the original image was grainy and ugly. I know you guys are really busy but was hoping the old picture would be deleted but maybe no one got the error report.

Here's the url for the entry I edited:
anime#7184

[Edit: yaay it's been fixed thank you Smile ]

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
It can't exceed 100 KB (102,400 bytes).

Really? In my profile it says that it an avatar cannot exceed 6 KB. Nor can it exceed 80x80 pixels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Really? In my profile it says that it an avatar cannot exceed 6 KB. Nor can it exceed 80x80 pixels.

I believe there talking about uploading photo for an encyclopedia entry, not the avatar for the forum.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
*slaps forehead after scanning the topic again*

You're right. How could I have missed that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1