• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unknown words

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this is a problem for anyone other than me, but whenever I type Anime or Manga, it comes up either as mis-spelled or just not as a word with red dots under neath them. Although not a real problem, just a rather annoyance because when typing on an Anime message board, it would be nice to know that there was no confusion with those words.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a problem for anyone other than me, but whenever I type Anime or Manga, it comes up either as mis-spelled or just not as a word with red dots under neath them. Although not a real problem, just a rather annoyance because when typing on an Anime message board, it would be nice to know that there was no confusion with those words.

Well, you begin by typing them with in lower-case. They're ordinary nouns, not proper nouns.

But, really, it's all part of the spellchecker setup of your browser. You may want to look into that.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quote
Well I have done what you have suggested abunai, but I can't seem to fix or even understand how I can't get my computer to register anime or manga, as both words that are not mis-spelled. Since I'm using Firefox 2.0 I'll see what I can do about adjusting how my browser perceives certain words.

That's the only way I can think help this minor, annoying problem that shouldn't have begun in the first place.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
Well I have done what you have suggested abunai, but I can't seem to fix or even understand how I can't get my computer to register anime or manga, as both words that are not mis-spelled. Since I'm using Firefox 2.0 I'll see what I can do about adjusting how my browser perceives certain words.

Right click on any "misspelled" word with red dotted underline, and a pop-up menu would appear:

Click "Add to dictionary" and you are done. Rule of thumb: if you have doubt in a Windows-based system, right click. I'm always amazed how few people have realized that most mice currently on the production line have three buttons and a wheel. Some more advanced models even have additional customizable buttons.

Ironically, Firefox 2.0 can't even recognize "Firefox" as a correct word. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
Amazing Dormcat, you saved me a tremendous amount of annoyance by showing me that feature in Firefox, thank you very much.
10円

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Ironically, Firefox 2.0 can't even recognize "Firefox" as a correct word. Rolling Eyes

Really? On mine it handles both Firefox and Mozilla without issue. (2.0.0.3)
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote
haha thanks a lot, I had the same problem ... Behold the Power of the Right Button!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1