• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
User profile numbers

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
The title might not match the topic but I hope it works. When I was going over the memberlist and looking up profiles, I found something interesting. For example, when you go to the following link, animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1 where it has a one at the end, it will go to a profile for ANN, and the join date for the user is 15 Aug 2003. Now if I go to tempest's profile, which has a two at the end, animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2 his join date is obviously 29 Dec 2001. Is this "ANN" user a glitch, another user or something that was automatically done, or how does that all work?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
This is simply the first user account created, presumbaly an admin account created during setup of the forums. I imagine 16 Aug 2003 was the last time a major upgrade was performed on the forums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quote
<useless trivia>
First account was created by Tempest. It was id #2, I have no idea why. Then a while back I created #1 with the intent to use it for automated system messages or stuff like that. Haven't used it yet but might do so eventually.
</useless trivia>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
<more useless trivia>
It's fun to take your profile number, divide it by 2 or 4 or double it and enter that number in the url space in place of yours and see who pops up.
</more useless trivia>
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote
The user with profile number 666 is AsukaLangley...guess if Shinji's god Asuka's the devil...eh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1