• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I don't see the point in simply listing all the black characters you know of in anime.

My my, their's actually people who would do such a thing? I'm speechless.

-Crimson
bluepita

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I"ve seen Zac exasperated but this must have been a new low point:

Zac wrote:

Wandering Knight wrote:
You definitely cannot prove scientifically that there aren't any parallel universes, and that those parallel universes slip through our minds.

I am going to lose my shit here

This was in the last Answerman thread, where the Otakukin (sp?) debate whether they were actually Digimon(edit" Digidestined) in a former life or not, lol.

OK, you just have to go there when you feel patient. There are 800 funny things there, such as when in answer to the question would you die for your beliefs, one of the Otakukin answered Yes. Were you planning on shooting me?
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:
I don't want him to have a picture of MY 8 year old dressed up like the character he j**ks off to.

But all in all, I think cosplay is neat, lol.

But out of all those "800 funny things;" I bet its not in the least disturbing than what you've said in the past.

-Crimson
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
C r i m s o n wrote:
bluepita wrote:
I don't want him to have a picture of MY 8 year old dressed up like the character he j**ks off to.

Why was the word "j**k" censored? Confused Isn't it an okay word?

Last edited by Riyousha on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BlooDrAgOn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
C r i m s o n wrote:
bluepita wrote:

Why was the word "jerk" censored? Confused Isn't it an okay word?

Ummm. I hope you know what it means to j**k off (censoring just in case). When you're talking about something risque on a forum like this, I think its better to be safe then sorry.
bluepita

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
C r i m s o n wrote:
bluepita wrote:

But out of all those "800 funny things;" I bet its not in the least disturbing than what you've said in the past.

-Crimson

Hmm, did I say they were disturbing things?? Could have sworn I said funny. Disturbing...funny...not the same.

I don't see much sense in defending what I've said in the past. It's there to look up if anyone is worried. I could see how those two sentences together would seem a bit disturbing though.

I've noticed you've had several things to say about me as a parent, and hey that's cool. You don't know me, and I'm the first to admit I can be seriously over protective. I think too much about things that could happen. I'm not the best at verbalizing or writing due some health problems I have. That means at least half of what I say is going to sound crazy. So, I can't really expect you to base your opinions off anything but that. Obviously in finding that thread amusing, I've touched off something else too. So, you know, we probably won't ever be bosom buddies and that's cool. Maybe it would be less irritating to you if you didn't read my posts, because unfortunately, they probably don't get any better than these. Wink Sorry to drive you nuts, lol.

**I censored the word j**k myself. I have no idea if the forum censors it also.

***Edit for crankiness.

Last edited by bluepita on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:

Jack the jock is a jerk who watches Jink i: Extend and needs to be off'd.

...looks like no censoring on my side Smile.
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:
Hmm, did I say they were disturbing things?? Could have sworn I said funny. Disturbing...funny...not the same.

Lol, if you're trying to irritate me, it's going to take a lot more than that. I don't see much sense in defending what I've said in the past. It's there to look up if anyone is worried. I could see how those two sentences together would seem a bit disturbing though.

Sorry that me being the kind of parent I am upsets you. Smile

I'm sorry, but I couldn't careless whether I irritated you or not. Moreover, I'm actually amused that you even took the time to reply to my post since I generally quoted you out of amusement, but I guess it can't be helped. Also, I don't mind you being a "kind" parent; though I feel you can choose your words more wisely. Feel free to even care what I posted, but don't bother.

-Crimson
10円

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
C r i m s o n wrote:
bluepita wrote:

-Crimson

Personally, I love to criticize. In fact you could even say that I live to criticize. Harshly. However, whenever I'm criticizing someone I usually try to explain what exactly I'm on about. Most of your posts simply don't make much sense to me. I can't tell what it is that you're getting after or why it bugs you so much. I'm not suggesting that you actually stop criticizing people, I mean who am I to talk, but try to give us more than just a one-line retort that doesn't seem to go anywhere.

EDIT: Looks like I just missed your reply. Oh well, it sounds like you never had any reason in the first place. Better luck next time.
C r i m s o n

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote
10円 wrote:
Personally, I love to criticize. In fact you could even say that I live to criticize. Harshly. However, whenever I'm criticizing someone I usually try to explain what exactly I'm on about. Most of your posts simply don't make much sense to me. I can't tell what it is that you're getting after or why it bugs you so much. I'm not suggesting that you actually stop criticizing people, I mean who am I to talk, but try to give us more than just a one-line retort that doesn't seem to go anywhere.

EDIT: Looks like I just missed your reply. Oh well, it sounds like you never had any reason in the first place. Better luck next time.

To be honest, I wasn't criticizing bluepita. Moreover, if my posts seem to not be comprehensible when being read, simply don't read them. It seems your ineffective advice won't help here much, but thanks for the read. Also, I was aware that my "one-line" sentence had no substance; that is why I stated in my previous post that I was quite amused that she even bothered to reply to my post. Anywho, cheers.

-Crimson
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
As for your final comment there, anime isn't my hobby. It's my job

Nice way of shutting someone who complains about the Hey, Answerman! column up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
C r i m s o n wrote:
bluepita wrote:

Why was the word "j**k" censored? :? Isn't it an okay word?

C'mon kiddos. Don't you know the old Carlin routine? It's okay to prick your finger but you can't f****r your p***k.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Riyousha wrote:
C r i m s o n wrote:
bluepita wrote:

Why was the word "j**k" censored? Confused Isn't it an okay word?

C'mon kiddos. Don't you know the old Carlin routine? It's okay to prick your finger but you can't f****r your p***k.

I doubt many know who he is here, too young, but thanks for the laugh Craeyst. I've gotta go dig up my Carlin dvd stand ups now to watch some more.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Too young for George Carlin? I thought he was still huge. Guess I was wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Riyousha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote
This quote was from Zalis116 posted in this thread where he was talking about bright-color fonts being to hard to read and big fonts that are said to be ****ing up the site. I found this part of his post very interesting.

Zalis116 wrote:
BECAUSE 14-YEAR-OLD FANGIRLS LIKE TO POST ALL IN PINK LIKE THIS!!!!!!

I didn't know that anime-fangirls who are 14 would be posting like that. Now I remember this one anime fangirl (she was a Sailor Moon fangirl) who was asking a question on the Encyclopedia but then it got locked because she wasn't being more specific, she created a sig, and she POSTED IN THIS COLOR.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 105