• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ratings Suggestion "Super Masterpiece" [was: idea]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trebors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quote
super masterpiece rating(or change the name) and you can only rate 5 anime with this, the difference between masterpiece and super masterpiece is .5 while masterpiece and excellent is 1.5

the reason why i came into this idea because i have many masterpiece and some of the anime there are really is an exemption (like my favorite anime)

[Edited subject title -t]
undeadben

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:38 am Reply with quote
If you have some anime that you think are better than the other ones you gave the same rating to, then why not just lower the ratings for the other ones. If Masterpiece is the top of the line and you don't think the other anime deserve to have the same rating as your exceptions, then just change the others. There are 11 different ratings already, I don't think they need to add more. If anything maybe 10 would be enough, there is always that grey area between "so-so" and "not really good", that I think is tougher to grade between than "excellent" and "masterpiece."

And if you do think they are all masterpiece but want to show that some stand out a little bit more in your opinion then why not just create a custom category for your favorites. I have a separate category for what I consider my top 25 so that these stand out a bit more in my anime lists.

Last edited by undeadben on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Ya I mean, if they added a "Super Masterpiece" then it would be like what Stepmania did to DDR. They added a "Marvelous" which is better and gets more points then "Perfect". I don't think you can get better than Perfect. And I'm not sure if something can be better then Masterpiece.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, the problem isn't with the rating system, but with the way you rate. If you think some shows are clearly better than others with your top rating, scale down the ones that aren't as good rather than trying to make a rating that's better than best.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
trebors wrote:
i have many masterpiece and some of the anime there are really is an exemption (like my favorite anime)

You probably shouldn't have many "masterpieces." A masterpiece is a rarity.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1