• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Search Feature Sub-standard

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Do a search for "Sousei no Aquarion" and tell me if you get a result that takes you to the Encyclopedia entry for the show. You don't. You get hits for all of the news articles and the like, but it appears that because you have the main show listed as "Aquarion (TV)," the inclusion of the complete Japanese title or "Aquarion" by itself won't return Encyclopedia results, even for the OVA.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the title is listed in both manners. That down arrow next to the search button allows you to specify what you're searching. Search that exact string in the encyclopedia and it will be your first hit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kolibri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quote
I just figured this out too, I kept getting confused when typing in a series name I would just get bunch of news. Any particular reason the default isn't encyclopedia anymore? That's what I do 95% (or more) of my searches in, and now it requires an extra click to do.
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quote
...and it's been put back to the way it was Smile Yay for Encyclopedia searches!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1