• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What is going on with Bandai's Anime Village?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Jeez, last week's Eureka 7 episode (15) is still not uploaded for free streaming, but I missed the airing on [adult swim] last week. I'd rather watch the episode than look up an episode summary, so I might just download a fansub (which I have never done before in my life for any anime)...

What do you all think of this, and what of animevillage.com not uploading episode 15?
Nerv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Yah, I had noticed that they had not updated their website in awhile. I mean the 2nd dvd is out already and yet you cannot even buy it on that site yet? It is kinda weird but I do recommend seeing the episode some how Wink
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote
Uh oh, you mentioned downloading of licensed material. Better delete that comment before you get in trouble.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Uh oh, you mentioned downloading of licensed material. Better delete that comment before you get in trouble.

God Gundam, no offense, but you have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about. Try doing research before making a post like this. Anime Village is a website where you can BUY the episode. You have to PAY for it. You can pay for saving to your hard disk or for a stream on demand. Except for Eureka 7 which they do a free streaming of. Also, please look at the title of the thread. It says Bandai's Anime Village. Why on earth would a legitimate company be allowing illegal downloads?
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quote
No, YOU don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Josh7289 wrote:
I might just download a fansub

Where in that statement does he say anything about buying an episode from AnimeVillage? Next time read before you post.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
No, YOU don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Josh7289 wrote:
I might just download a fansub

Where in that statement does he say anything about buying an episode from AnimeVillage? Next time read before you post.

Either way, it's not like he did anything unbearably wrong. He wasn't saying "Oh, I'm gonna' go to this place and download a fansub of Eureka 7 which was fansubbed by this group". He wasn't asking for a place to download. He was just stating his concern about the site not putting up an episode for free streaming and what we thought about it. And he then stated the possibility of him downloading a fansub if the episode isn't put up soon.

Also, since he wasn't really doing anything wrong, and then you accused him of doing something wrong, it led to me interpreting your comment as Anime Village being a place for illegal downloading. So that's why I made the comment. It is my fault for misinterpreting, but he wasn't doing anything wrong by stating the possibility of him downloading a fansub.

As for them not putting up the episode, I just say wait it out. They'll put it up eventually. I hope they put up last night's episode as well, because I missed it.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's still not up, but I didn't get around to downloading a fansub, only because my connection died in the middle of the download, so I had to quickly read a summary of the episode before last night's aired.

Anyway, I'm caught up on the story now, so I'm good. ^^
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Well, it's still not up, but I didn't get around to downloading a fansub, only because my connection died in the middle of the download, so I had to quickly read a summary of the episode before last night's aired.

That's fine, but try not to brag about downloading subs. That gives certain people on this forum good reason to come after you.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

That's fine, but try not to brag about downloading subs. That gives certain people on this forum good reason to come after you.

I'm actually the only person I know that is so starkly against downloading fansubs of any series. I've never done it in my life before, which is why I was so reluctant about doing it for E7 (which I did not do, in the end, of course).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1