• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
whats a good.....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:09 pm Reply with quote
tv to watch any anime in goo quality like dbz saint seiya and some other older anime

[EDIT: Locked. Sorry, but the grammar, spelling, title, and opening post of the author doesn't seem very serious. Any TV with color would probably do. If you have the money, get an HDTV or something with DLP. - TK]
NeonGEvangelion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Any Anime viewed on a DVD player with 720p capabilities is awesome. Also make sure you have a 720p,1080i,or 1080p TV set. Anime looks gorgeous on these TVs and DVD players. (Trust me I know).

THIS IS ALL SPECULATION/OPINIONS, ANY FLAMING SHOULD BE PMED TO ME!
beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
For fansubs and rips, especially of older shows like the ones you mentioned, any TV will do.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Squall2600 wrote:
tv to watch any anime in goo quality like dbz saint seiya and some other older anime

The question has been answered, but I'll mention that it's a good idea to include what you're asking about in the Subject line, so that people can see it on the main page before they click on the topic. If not, a question like "What's a good..." could be virtually anything, like "What's a good..."

"romance anime?"
"place to buy anime?"
"place to download **** series?" Evil or Very Mad
"series for starting somebody toward the dark path to fandom?"

Though I am curious now to see anime in goo quality Smile
2Real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
well depending on your defonition of good qulity is all depending on 1 of 2 things. One, is how the show apears on your TV/PC, is it staticy or clear. The orther MIGHT be the animations of the show its-self.

With that said any show is good to watch as long as it isn't laged,fuzy, or something to that nature.

If you are looking for recomendations then I sujest you look at this page:animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?categ=3&user=2Real

This is just a list of all the shows that I have watched. My taste in anime might be different from yours so....it is the best I can offer.

Off the top of my head I can recomend about half of the shows listed there, so it is probly better to just take a look for yourself.

hope it helps and happy hunting!
maskedninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quote
Im guessing any TV will do just as long as it isnt a cheap one with a fuzzy screen or somthing like that you know...
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
Squall2600 wrote:

First, I wasn't sure whether you were asking for a TV channel or the TV itself so I'll answer both.

TV channel would be Adult Swim. I'm not sure what satellite channels are out there, I did hear about a channel specific to anime, but if you can access Cartoon Network through cable, then Adult Swim is on at night (Don't know the exact schedule).

As for the TV itself, it's whatever you have or can afford. It's not like telling you a 50" plasma TV is great will automatically let you have one. -_-;
The Lance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
2Real wrote:

If you are looking for recomendations then I sujest you look at this page:animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?categ=3&user=2Real

Is it just me, or does it seem like you are downloading an awful lot of licensed material?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
The Lance wrote:
2Real wrote:

Is it just me, or does it seem like you are downloading an awful lot of licensed material?

How do you know that what 2Real is doing? And I am kinda confused on what this question is.....Is this asking for what kind of TV? I personally have a wide screen by philips, not HD but hey I can't really go wrong since it was so damn cheap and it so very large. Probably next year this time I will buy one of those ultra slim HD L-Cos Flat Screen for over my bed. That would be sweet, but I wonder how would I hook my 360 to it?
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1