• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chrono Crusade Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajmyers82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
There is a part in Chrono Crusade, both the anime and the manga, when they are on the train and Rizele (sp?) the spider devil has control of the people and tells Rosette to shoot Chrono. Chrono says to shoot him in the chest and she does, and he's basically ok. I don't understand why he said to shoot him there and why he was ok after getting shot by Rosette. Can anyone explain this to me?
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Chrono's a demon. He's badass. Plus, it's a general rule from zombie movies and similar works that if you want to kill evil inhuman creatures, you have to shoot them in the head.
ajmyers82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
But Rosette uses special demon-killing bullets, that's her big thing. It should have destroyed Chrono.
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Assuming that you're basing this on ADV's release, if you look at page 130 of volume 3, you'll see that Chrono wasn't hit in any kind of vital area. The shot basically grazed his shoulder. You'll recall that this is because of the Law Of Inverse Accuracy, Third Corrolary, which states, "Whenever a 'Good Guy' is actually hit by enemy fire, it is in a designated 'Good Guy Area', usually a flesh wound in the shoulder or arm, which restricts the 'Good Guy' from doing anything more strenuous than driving, firing weaponry, using melee weapons, operating heavy machinery, or doing complex martial arts maneuvres."
lachesis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Haven't watched that ep. in a while - I must admit I thought Chrono snaffled the neck watch thing and deflected the bullet, shows what I know!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1