• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
rahxephon questions *spoilers*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rascalking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote
just finished the series and loved it.........and i just had a few questions i was hoping some of you may be able to help me out with......

first off, the dude with the patch.....who exactly was he? I mean, he mentioned being "Ayato's father", yet.......I thought he was born from Quon's DNA?......and also, why was Ayato able to pilot the rahxephon, but his twins (Itsuki, Itssiki) aren't?

oh, and is the movie worth checking out?
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
The reason why Ayato was able to pilot RahXephon spoiler[was because he was the chosen Ollin. There can be a lot of Ollins, but if you are the chosen one you can pilot and assimilate with RahXephon. ]

But I am not too sure about the eyepatch guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kid_gloves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:56 pm Reply with quote
the way i saw it was spoiler[that the "eyepatch" guy was at least involved or responsible for Ayato being cloned from Quon's DNA hence him being the closest thing to a father Ayato had.]
rascalking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
ok.......few more questions......

1. who/what exactly were the MU? And if Ayato's (fake) mother was actually not a MU and just went to work for them, then why is her blood blue?

2. in the middle of the series, right when the Verminion (sp?) is taken out for the first time by Elvy, she thinks that Ayato shot at her and they are both about to fight it out......but then this big white light envelopes everything and reverses times about a half an hour.......what the heck was that????

3. Also in the middle of the series, some random guy is in some random village and climbs a mountain and sees a big construction thing going on.......he beigins to film it but then gets killed......I kno it was connected to the Bahbrem, but what exactly was it? I think the guy was from the federation, right?
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote
1.) the MU are spoiler[an ancient species from earth. They had this thing going whith technology and nature, and it seems really cool to me. Then one day there was a big tradgedy and the civilization was destroyed. Ayato's mother is in fact a Mulian, and I believe that she is the General Direcotorate of the Mulians. Yes, Ayato is a Mulian, too (though he doesn't find out for a while).
The Mulians have come to the current time and are trying to take the world back.]

yes, thats rather general, and I left out a whoooole lot of specifics, but thats basically it.

2.) I don't remember the significance of that scene, though I beleive it was to prove that spoiler[with the creation of the Vermilions, they no longer needed Ayato]

3.) sorry, can't help you there
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
1.) the MU are spoiler[an ancient species from earth. ]

Exactly. I will expand on that just a bit. spoiler[Specifically, the Mu used to live on the continent we would call Atlantis. Their culture advanced at an incredibly rapid pace. Bahbem invents the Xephon system, which is basically an artificial god, although influenced by the Ollin. Upon first use of the Xephon, a problem occurs, and the continent of the Mu is thrown into an alternate reality. Bahbem is the only Mu left on earth. The Xephon itself is split into two pieces, one piece on earth, in the white egg; and the other piece in the Mu world, in the black egg. Bahbem eventually calculates that the changes instigated by the Xephon are not stable, and will result in a second event, which will in turn destroy both worlds. He is eventually able to use the inherent instability to gain communication with the Mu. He is able to calculate the number of years it will take for the instability to allow the Mu to return to earth, with their Xephon, so that the system can be used to avert disaster. Eventually the Mu are able to send Maya and Quon across the dimensional barrier, and the real story starts.]

There is even way more then that I can write, perhaps if you are interested and/or have specific things you would like clarified, I will do so when I have time.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
hey thanks, that clarified it a lot for me, as well Anime smallmouth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:

But I am not too sure about the eyepatch guy.

The 'eyepatch guy', Watari spoiler[ is in a sense Ayato's father, in the same sense that Quon is his mother. Ayato and Itsuki were cloned from the DNA of both Quon and Watari.]
rascalking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:01 am Reply with quote
cool thanks for the clear-up......

but no one happens to know about question 2 and 3? i swear, that one part where time reverses about 30 mins really tripped me out......
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
rascalking wrote:
cool thanks for the clear-up......

but no one happens to know about question 2 and 3? i swear, that one part where time reverses about 30 mins really tripped me out......

I'll see if I can locate the 2 scenes you are talking about, so that I can try and provide an answer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1