• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime: DragonBall AF?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marioc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I've been researching this for some time and I've come to the conclusion of fan fiction, but I got the impression that everyone said the same thing about dragonballz before it hit mainstream america. As in Tv and other media.

If anyone out there is a fan of this legendary anime please reply, because if it is real I would want everyone to Know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Ball AF is not real. And Dragon Ball Z was not a rumored fanfiction before it started; it was the chapters of Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga (seeing as in Japan, the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z manga are merely called Dragon Ball) that dealt with the Saiyans and afterward, which were titled Dragon Ball Z for the anime to denote a change in the tone and direction of the story.

Also, who said smileys in and of themselves were spam?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I've heard that the AF stands for April Fools, but I don't know if that's what it originally stood for or if it got that label after it became infamous (notorious?) for constantly fooling people for years.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
General concensus among people who have any clue what they're talking about is April Fools, because it just fits and due to Daizex.com's April Fools DBAF "trailer" and press sheet. After Future was one of the original titles for it though.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Dude this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo [IMG Timeline 1999]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I always thought that Absolutely Fake was what the AF stood for.

Last edited by Super Arrow on Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
No, it was AFter hell freezes over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1