• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic Series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimePaul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know whether or not there is going to be a fourth season because I finished watching Second Raid and there wasn't really a ending at the end of the series.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
I'll quote my post from another thread.

Quote:
Assume that the answer to any "Will there be a second season of [insert show here]?" question is "No." until an official announcement is made. That is to say, that very few shows, even the ones with those super-open endings that don't answer all of your questions will have a second season. Don't expect a second season of anything, but call it a pleasant surprise when there is.

TSR didn't feel complete because the novels that the Full Metal Panic anime is based on haven't been finished yet.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:35 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
I'll quote my post from another thread.

Quote:
Assume that the answer to any "Will there be a second season of [insert show here]?" question is "No." until an official announcement is made. That is to say, that very few shows, even the ones with those super-open endings that don't answer all of your questions will have a second season. Don't expect a second season of anything, but call it a pleasant surprise when there is.

TSR didn't feel complete because the novels that the Full Metal Panic anime is based on haven't been finished yet.

Well at least you didn't put down his hope for another season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quote
If I'm not mistaken, you're being sarcastic. But, in a way, it was my intention to quell improperly founded hope for a second season.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Never the less, they have an extreamly open ended end. They have also added new characters that are in themselfs potentials for spinoffs. AKA Tessa's Bro. Also the whole wispered thing and the fact that now the main character can controll the Lamda driver opens it up for a more detailed story about wispered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:16 am Reply with quote
trackstar1013 wrote:
Never the less, they have an extreamly open ended end. They have also added new characters that are in themselfs potentials for spinoffs. AKA Tessa's Bro. Also the whole wispered thing and the fact that now the main character can controll the Lamda driver opens it up for a more detailed story about wispered.

Ya, thanks for the spoiler warning. I haven't finished watching the second raid yet.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:34 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you're being sarcastic. But, in a way, it was my intention to quell improperly founded hope for a second season.

Wow, that's a first normally I have to write out that I was in a joking about a statement....coool one3rd your the only one who actually did that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
F.A.I.T.H

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:10 am Reply with quote
Hope or not, it depends on whether the producers still want to continue another season. We can speculate all we want, but it boils down to them.

True, the ending of TSR does make the whole thing seem incomplete, unlike the first season. Well, we can always hope, can't we? Confused
rpggamer77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:30 am Reply with quote
Where are you guys getting second raid it hasn't been released in America yet as far as I know and I can't find a subbed version anywhere
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:02 am Reply with quote
We get them all from fansub sites. Can't post any links to them. Sorry.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:05 am Reply with quote
Just so you know I don't download fansubs and I haven't seen it.
SirWence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am pretty confident there will be another season of FMP, I honestly fail to see them not turning DVMC (danceing very merry christmas , COMO (continueing on my own) , BOMF(burning one man force) ( and the next novels yet to come out that will finish the series ) into an anime, if only because they are so popular let alone that those novels are perfect for an anime Smile.

I can't promise another season, But I am very confident.
daftkid909

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I feel there is going to be another season. FMP doesn't really show any slowing down (though I haven't seen TSR or the first season) but I wouldn't be surprised if they did have another season. In fact, I would be surprised if they DIDN'T have another season but this is based on personal opinion.
Berselius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Frankly, i would be amazed if they stopped with second raid. While none of the FMP series have gained near the top rating in japan, they are certainly nothing to laugh about. Plus, as mention before the ending is too open ended. I'm fairly confident that a sequel will be released. Im still shocked TSR is over though <watched the last episdoe without even KNOWING it was the last episdoe. Thought it was a 26 episode series>
SirWence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Berselius wrote:
Frankly, i would be amazed if they stopped with second raid. While none of the FMP series have gained near the top rating in japan, they are certainly nothing to laugh about. Plus, as mention before the ending is too open ended. I'm fairly confident that a sequel will be released. Im still shocked TSR is over though <watched the last episdoe without even KNOWING it was the last episdoe. Thought it was a 26 episode series>

TSR is only one novel so I had no expections of it being anywhere near 26 episodes (End of Day by day)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1