• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 10 Japanese Voice Actors Cover Disney Songs on CD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:
Quote:
Can You Feel the Love Tonight" by Hikaru Midorikawa.

*picturing Heero* ...And then he ends the song with, "I'll kill you."

I just had that thought, very hilarious. Anyway, got chance to listen to some of the sample song on the site. Yeah, I'm mixed on this. I don't find Toshiyuki Morikawa singing a song from Sleeping Beauty not quite the way I like. For "A whole new World" I think there should've been a female singer singing alongside Kenichi to make it more fitting ( I would've like Yui Horie or Eri Kitamura as a female singer).

oh yeah, I almost forgot Disney did something similar to this for Japan but it involved Visual Kei bands, I don't if ANN reported on this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quote
*goes to website to listen to 45-second clips*
*fails to find said clips*
Sad Blargh. A few of them should provide entertainment.

Well, none of them can be quite as epic as this video by Nick Pitera - damn, that man's got range. I want him to sing the entire song of "Be Prepared".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
*goes to website to listen to 45-second clips*
*fails to find said clips*

I was listening to a few of them earlier today. I went back a few minutes ago to listen to the rest, but it actually looks like the playback buttons are gone now... so they must be fixing them or they may have simply taken them down for good. ):

Anyway, Irino Miyu singing "Under the Sea" is perfect! Nostalgia kicked in from the olden days of playing Kingdom Hearts II in Japanese and replaying Atlantica for the sake of learning the Japanese versions of the iconic songs. Irino sounded more like a nerd while singing the song as Sora. XDDD
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:

Well, none of them can be quite as epic as this video by Nick Pitera - damn, that man's got range. I want him to sing the entire song of "Be Prepared".

How do we know some of those sounds were not "manipulated" ala Vocaloid sound manipulation, especially the girl voices?! Laughing
(Though I could ask the same thing about the voice actors?)
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 am Reply with quote
Ah, darn it! I really want to listen the samples but it seems it's already gone for now Anime cry I hope they will fix this. I want to listen... and laugh Anime hyper
AiShounen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
It said "45-second samples of all 10 main songs"

But I looked EVERYWHERE on the main page, and they're nowhere to be found or heard of!!!!!

Where can I hear them sing?!?!?! They're not on youtube, or even on nico nico video!!!!

WHERE CAN I HEAR THESE FAMOUS MALE SEIYUUS SING THE FAMOUS DISNEY SONGS????????? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
AiShounen wrote:
It said "45-second samples of all 10 main songs"

But I looked EVERYWHERE on the main page, and they're nowhere to be found or heard of!!!!!

Where can I hear them sing?!?!?! They're not on youtube, or even on nico nico video!!!!

WHERE CAN I HEAR THESE FAMOUS MALE SEIYUUS SING THE FAMOUS DISNEY SONGS????????? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

As I just said above (no offense, of course), it looks like they took them off the page for now. It's been a while since they were taken off, so it might be permanent. I hope not, since even the 45-second clips were quite pretty.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Shocked Oh! I want that. Need to find it. So, when will be the release for the female version of the album? I think I know who will sing those Disney songs. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3