• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
help with GantZ ending

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lhernan02

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching Gantz and it is now in my Don't buy list (at least its not in the DONT BUY!! list). I thought it was great up to Ep. 21 then it took a terminal nosedive to a WTF ending.
My question concerns said ending spoiler[ Kei does a Spike homage (finger gun - bang) then the black ball disappears and the train runs through], I just don't get it, spoiler[ was it all a dream in the milisecond before he died, or did getting killed the second time finish the game].
How far in the manga does the anime go or do the two diverge along the way. spoiler[ It would be nice if the three main characters were still alive. ]
Thanks in advance for your help.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:44 am Reply with quote
You have very werid timing I just watched all the episodes I been neglecting for some time lol. From my reckoning it was a happy ending and Gantz spoiler[ no longer exists so that trial or ordeal doesn't occur anymore maybe? ] I can't help you with the manga part because I haven't read the Gantz manga Sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Basically, it was a hallucination in the anime...I think. I consider the anime to be irrelevant, though...Read the manga instead. It branches off after the Buddha incident and is much better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1