• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eva Platinum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:59 am Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Is anyone else hesitating to buy Death and Rebirth or End of Evangelion in hopes that Manga Entertainment will come out with the remastered versions of the movies that came out with the remastered TV series in Japan?

I thought about it for a second, but I ended up buying End Of Evangelion anyway. My desire to see the whole thing now, or in the near future, outweighed the possibility of an improved version Of EoE coming out down the road. As a contigency, I can always bite the bullet for one DVD down the road.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:

The English translation to "Thesis of a Cruel Angel" was a bit different. It's the same one they used in the Director's Cuts versions "Resurrection" and "Genesis Reborn". I don't know if the new translation is closer to what the lyrics mean in Japanese, but I did like the English translation on the first DVDs.

It is now actually a real translation. The original translation was quite a bit different from the literal translation and was the result of ADV attempting to make the lyrics Karaoke friendly. While the new translation may not be so friendly, it is, at least, accurate.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
The only beef I have with it is that unless you have surround sound, the audio is a bit muffled. I have to turn my volume up way high to be able to hear every details because I dont have SS.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Sousuke Segari wrote:
First off Why in gods Name did Manga Have the rights to the Movies? Is there some reason Adv did not Buy The compleat rights to all things Eva?

I recall hearing GAiNAX wanted something to the effect of $15 million for both movies, and ADV decided they could get several series for that price instead.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Swordfish_II wrote:

I recall hearing GAiNAX wanted something to the effect of $15 million for both movies, and ADV decided they could get several series for that price instead.

Yup, they said they could get 11 series for what they would have paid for the movies licenses.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5