• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Festival

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KainMalice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Its amazing what a guy will do, to get an answer to a question. Huh. Anyway, hi everyone. I am new to these, forums. And umm, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone first off.I love anime. Seen a lot of classics. Akira, and whatnot. WOOT!! Anyway, for my first posting, I have a question of certain urgency. My friends and I, every summer, set aside a day to watch anime all day. Normally each one of use brings an anime, which equals a nice stack of anime happily, and it normally sometimes even lasts more than all day. Anyway, Im in a hole, because, I want to bring a cool, action oriented anime. Something similar to maybe like....the X movie. Supernatural fighting stuff. I like that genre a LOT. Im kinda preferring a movie, if its at all possible, but a series is fine to, but if you do recommend a series, please list the episode if able. Umm, so yeah, thats my plight. Anything old or new is fine. Anyway, thanks for everyones help.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Have you seen Spriggan the movie? It seems to be right up your alley, being about a secret agent charged with protecting ancient magical artifacts. It's also a pretty good movie.
KainMalice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:21 am Reply with quote
No, I have not seen it. But I do know our closest Blockbuster has it. Hmmm, just gotta check and see if its an anime my friends haven't seen. Heh, we have our own little rules and everything for the things we do. So, hopefully I'll find something good.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:17 am Reply with quote
The closest anime movie I can think of to X: The Movie is Demon City Shinjuku. I only consider DCS to be an "average" anime movie, but it should fit the bit for what you're looking for.

If you and your friends are at least college-aged, you could also check out Wicked City. This title is extremely explicit, however; not quite hentai, but not far from it.

And there's always Ninja Scroll, but fair warning: that's one of the most notoriously graphic anime movies ever made. It's also for 17+ audiences only.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1