• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone seen the Geneon downloading notices?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djarch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I saw this strange notice from Geneon Entertainment on a webpage that I'm assuming had been shut down. I'm not too sure, since I had never been to that page, but been linked to it. It looked exactly like the MPAA notice that replaced lokitorrent but it was modified in a way.
==

There are websites that provide legal downloads. This is not one of them.

This website has been permanently shut down by court order because it facilitates the illegal downloading of copyrighted Japanese television. The illegal downloading of animation robs thousands of honest, hard-working people of their livelihood, and stifles creativity. Illegally downloading animation from sites such as these without proper authorization violates the law, is theft, and is not anonymous. Stealing anime leaves a trail. The only way not to get caught is to stop.
==

At the top and bottom it had those lame jpgs about I rating being inappropriate for all ages. This is the first time I had seen a copy of that MPAA message for anime, so I thought it strange. Still, I think it's a step in the right direction for Geneon, since it seemed to me that they had been very passive about it in the past. ADV was the opposite. Anyway, just wondering if Geneon had made an official announcement about it, since I was unable to find anything.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:06 pm Reply with quote
If the site has been shutdown, feel free to post a link to it. I should also note, beware someone linking you to a site's April Fools joke, as several sites copied the MPAA notice on Loki onto their own site.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:22 am Reply with quote
sounds like prank since the 3 big sites i know of are still up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
sounds like prank since the 3 big sites i know of are still up.

Hm, the site in question has been like that for a few months now though, so I think that one's for real.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1