• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Country road......

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msi435

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:22 pm Reply with quote
wisper of the heart is my favorite anime of all time, for what reason i don't know!!! but i sure do love it!!! and for those who haven't see it please do it!!

[already reported, don't report again]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:49 pm Reply with quote
It is true that Whisper of the heart is a great movie. And um... welcome to the forums.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
tomcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I love, love, love, love this movie. For all the great fantasys from Studio Ghibi and Miyazaki, I always find the time to watch the late Kondo's Whisper of the Heart. Lord help Disney if they screw up the release of this piece of magic. Bless Kondo Yoshifumi's for his last work on this earth.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:11 am Reply with quote
tomcat wrote:

Lord help Disney if they screw up the release of this piece of magic.

Well, if for some weird reason the English dub never gets released, you can always go back to the sub. It's not like they will be able to mess with the visuals (short of a Wings Of Honneamise encoding mishap, which isn't what you meant, I presume)
tomcat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quote
My dislike of the/any disneizing of a non-english anime has to do with incorporation of disney morals and ideals. I don't know if you know this but a few years back Disney released a VHS version of Tontoro that a reviewer told us that because of cultural reasons they edited out the family bath scene, this so outraged me that I refused to buy a copy of Tontoro then sight-unseen. I'm yet to be debused to this point of view of any Disneyization of a Studio Ghibli work! I've yet to see any Disney release to date! I depend totally on my own e-subbed copies to this day!
jsyxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I thought this thread was going to be about John Denver. Laughing
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:56 pm Reply with quote
tomcat wrote:
I don't know if you know this but a few years back Disney released a VHS version of Tontoro that a reviewer told us that because of cultural reasons they edited out the family bath scene, this so outraged me that I refused to buy a copy of Tontoro then sight-unseen.

1) It was Fox.

2) The bath scene edit is an urban legend. It's in there, even in the Fox dub. (No genitals were shown, so it's tame.) Because of New World Pictures Warriors of the Wind fiasco with their edit of Nausicaa, Ghibli specifies that they can't remove footage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote
J-Syxx wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about John Denver. Laughing

Well, it is his song used throughout Whisper Of The Heart Smile
jsyxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:54 am Reply with quote
LOL, are you serious?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:39 am Reply with quote
Have you watched the movie or not, J-Syxx?

Take Me Home, Country Roads was written by John Denver, but the version used as the OP theme was performed by Olivia Newton-John. The song acts not only as a theme song or an insert song -- it IS the major plot and an integral part of the movie, just like As Time Goes By in Casablanca.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jsyxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Have you watched the movie or not, J-Syxx?

The answer, would be no. Hence me not knowing whether or not the John Denver song was in the movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1