• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
zoids box set?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if there is going to be a Zoids Chaotic Centuy box set?

Any info is help full. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Doubtful since Zoids is well past it's prime now. Being a toy show with nothing to sell there's really no reason to push the series any more than they have to. It got to a point where the Fuzors series was canceled so things don't look good for the franchise at the moment (even in Japan things have been slow moving on the toy front, Tomy is changing focus on to other things now. )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
setzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:19 am Reply with quote
I liked Chaotic Century, but i also think they probably won't. They missed a perfect chance to release it. It was good while it lasted, but now people have moved on.
levonr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:21 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Doubtful since Zoids is well past it's prime now. Being a toy show with nothing to sell there's really no reason to push the series any more than they have to. It got to a point where the Fuzors series was canceled so things don't look good for the franchise at the moment (even in Japan things have been slow moving on the toy front, Tomy is changing focus on to other things now. )

They diddn't cancel Fuzors, they just stopped half way. My guess is there gonna air it next year, since that is when Hasbro is gonna start to release more toys. The show is just starting in Japan & Australia.

They are releaseing Chaotic Century on DVD & theres no toys to sell this year. But i consider Chaotic Century to be more than just advertising the toys/models like Zero & Fuzors. I mean sure, part of it is to sell toys but so is other shows like Gundam. Chaotic Century has a great story with great characters so I think there trying to sell a good anime as well as some toys.

Viz is doing a cheap release of the DVDs, 6 episodes on a DVD-5 for only $10-15 each. I really don't think they will ever make a boxset, but this underrrated anime is finally getting released on R1 DVD so I'm still happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1