• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oricon Top 30 Discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote
Oricon Top 30 2/14/2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg2BXsSslKo

Anime songs charting this week:
#29 DA DA DA - Group Tamashii (Beelzebub)
#27 STRAIGHT JET - Minami Kuribayashi (Infinite Stratos)
#23 Houkago Overflow - Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier: The Movie)
#8 Immoralist - Yui Horie (Dragon Crisis!)
#5 Connect - ClariS (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

K-Pop remains popular with KARA and SNSD still charting this week. Gee is a great song and PV - so many skinny jeans! Unless you've been underground you've all ready heard Avril Lavigne's What the Hell. It's the first single off of Goodbye Lullaby and it debuts on Oricon at #15 and may I add it's pretty damn catchy. AKB48 has three songs charting this week although Chance no Junban dropped out of the top 30. In related news: Tomomi Itano steps out of AKB48 and charts with Dear J, a pretty vanilla dance tune. And AKB48 sub-group Watarirouka Hashiritai adds two members and becomes......wait for it.......Watarirouka Hashiritai 7. Their first single is Valentine Kiss and it debuts at #2. This song is so sweet it may rot your teeth, the PV has them working at a chocolate factory.

My pick of the week is Zassou no Uta by Buono!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzcktJ2gi6w
The Hello! Project group of Shugo Chara fame is back and rocking harder then you'd think. All 3 songs on the single release are great.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Oricon Top 30 2/21/2011

#27 Ma-ka-se-te Tonight - Iori Nomizu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
#17 Connect - ClariS (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
#7 Pride - SCANDAL (Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto)

Apparently it's a good week for capitalized band names. BACK-ON has a new album out titled Hello World. The single With You feat. Me debuts at #13 and features guest vocals by misono. These guys are reminding me of Linkin Park but I haven't heard the whole album yet so I'll wait to pass judgement. One of my favorite bands - SCANDAL released the single Pride, it's currently the Star Driver ED. I can't decide if I'm more in love with Haruna or Rina but more on that in a minute. At #2 is RADWIMPS new single Kyoushinshou. I'm really starting to like these guys after their last couple singles, although the 7 minute length of this track is a tad pretentious. PV is kind of freaky.

My pick of the week is:
CUTE! by SCANDAL
Ok, so the b-side to the Pride single is CUTE! and it is just that. After watching that again I'm thinking Mami may be the kawaii-est.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Oricon Top 30 2/28/2011

Anime songs charting this week
#27 Pride - SCANDAL (Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto)
#18 Connect - ClariS (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
#14 See visionS - Mami Kawada (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
#10 SUPER STREAM - female voice cast (Infinite Stratos)
#9 Mata ne...no Kisetsu - Inazuma All Stars (Inazuma Eleven)
#7 Magia - Kalafina (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
#3 Blue Bird - Kobukuro (Bakuman)

AKB48 reclaims the #1 spot this week with Sakura no Ki ni Narou, it's an extremely sappy graduation-themed ballad - stay far away. The story this week is obviously anime themes taking four of the top ten spots and seven overall. Odds are you've heard at least one of these songs. I'm having a hard time picking a favorite out of these since I enjoy all those shows (except Inazuma), but if I had to pick it would probably be Blue Bird. I'll admit that probably has more to do with my love for Bakuman than my love for the song, but whatever.

My pick of the week is:
Answer is Near by ONE OK ROCK
An opening chant, mellow verse then a nice punch up to the anthemic chorus. This is a good rock song.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Oricon Top 30 3/7/2011

#23 Connect - ClariS (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
#22 Mata ne...no Kisetsu - Inazuma All Starts (Inazuma Eleven)
#20 Bokura no Goal! - T-Pistonz+KMC (Inazuma Eleven)
#19 Magia - Kalafina (Puella Magia Madoka Magica)
#16 SUPER STREAM - female voice cast (Infinite Stratos)
#13 Yakusoku - Suga Shikao (Tegami Bachi Reverse)
#12 Blue Bird - Kobukuro (Bakuman)
#2 Tomodachi no Uta - Bump of Chicken (another Doraemon Movie)

At this point Arashi could record themselves playing the kazoo and it would sell half a million copies.

My pick of the week is:
Blue Bird by Kobukuro
It's the opener to my favorite show right now, Bakuman. This is the live version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1