• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DBZ Eps. 1-53 (1-67) Re-released with FUNi's VA's?,

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam.:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:40 am Reply with quote
FUNimation announced their plans to remaster and re-release uncensored DVD versions of the first 53 DBZ episodes, which will come out Spring/Summer of 2005... ...& also The Dragonball GT movie (tv special) is due out November 16, 2004.
The Saiyan Saga is definatly the best saga. I give credit to that saga for attracted this big DBZ audience. I'm sure a lof of people will try buy the first two sagas on DVD.

But Eps (1 to 53) might sound weird at first with the FUNi VA's because most of us are only used to seeing it with the Ocean Group VAs. What do you guys think about that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote
They finally announced a date, so for all intesive purposes I'm happy.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm still going to buy both Saiya-jin Saga box sets.

I want the Pioneer one because I like the Ocean Group voices a whole lot more, but I'll get the uncut version too because... well, it's UNcut (and I'll watch it in Japanese... ).
Sam.:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I want the Pioneer one because I like the Ocean Group voices a whole lot more, but I'll get the uncut version too because... well, it's UNcut (and I'll watch it in Japanese... ).

Dude sorry but if you didn't know.

The first 3 Dragonball Z movie DVDs, and the first 17 Dragonball Z TV series DVDs that Pioneer/Geneon released back in 1996-98 have already been out of print since last year. Nobody caries it now. They stoped production on them like August 2003 a year ago. So if u don't already have it you probably wont be able to get your hand on them evey again unless some decieds to sell their old Pioneer Dub set on ebay. Good luck with that one.

I like the Ocean Group voices better too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Eh? Don't worry, I've seen plenty of the Pioneer box sets around. I already have the Namek Saga and the first 3 movies, but thanks for the suggestion anyway Wink.
Sam.:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh i just remember something important...

These first 53 dubbed episodes are actually the first 67 original Japanese episodes.. but due to the edits and censorship the the English version of the series will have fewer episodes(eps) than the original.

i wonder how they are going to fit all 67 original eps. in 53 eps. space/ maybe make it like eps 26 part a eps 26 part B. etc.

any ideas on that guys?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:19 am Reply with quote
Hmm. Maybe they could just include all the episodes that were cut out?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:52 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

Not as simple as that. In some cases, episodes were removed, but with the first two Japanese episodes, they were cut and pasted together to make episode 1 of the US release.

Though I'm thinking they will go to 1a, 1b, etc etc
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quote
How can we all love the best line in dubbed history "I'M GOING TO SEND YOU TO THE NEXT DIMENSION" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sam.:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:32 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Yeah there were 15 eps cut in total.. and Funi will release all 67 eps in dometic dubbed version for the first time. Many pleople haven't seen those eps. they are like the DBZ lost episodes. This is the first time we will see the Saiyan/Namek saga uncut.

What if they make box set out of it.. then the episode numbering would be insignificant. right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1