• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saiyuki

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi im new here and relatively new to anime in general. I'm currently 2 DVD's (10 episodes) into Saiyuki and i was wondering if i have much to look foreward to or should i just spend my money on something else. Oh ya and just to help you out a little, i don't like the series very much right now.
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:20 pm Reply with quote
if you don't like it now, you won't like in 10 vols. later most likely...there are alot of filler eps. so I'd suggest moving on to a different series unless you can find the dvds super cheap.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Ehhh..... there're people out there who LOVE Saiyuki, but generally, if you're not into by disc 2, then you probably won't like it enough to keep collecting it. There's some good volumes in season 2, but it's really not worth all that money if you're not enjoying right now.

This is only my personal opinion, but if you're not liking it yet, then you should try a different series. There's some threads in this forum that could help you decide what you'd want to watch next, if you're interested.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:04 am Reply with quote
Also, if you need some help, Bamboo covers some of the Saiyuki releases (as well as other anime) in her Shelf Life column. Scroll through there...you can see what discs out of the series are better than others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1