• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nadia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
well, the first 20 episodes are only 30 bucks at my best buy, so im seriously thinking about getting it. the problem is i know little about the series aside that its from Gainax. can anyone recommend it? whats it like? i heard it was kind of a kids show. is it a kids show like Miyazaki would make, or only appealing to kids?
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:31 am Reply with quote
I would place it more in the sort of series Miyazaki would make for kids. It starts out pretty playful and goofy, and slowly builds to having a pretty deep, heartfelt, serious story. I find it very good. Probably my favorite Gainax title personally-- easily the most accessible and watchable. The humor is, IMO, genuinely funny, and the characters are very likeable. The show is playful, but also has its serious moments. Definitely worth checking out.

Good luck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1