• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Denies Report of Designer Miyamoto Stepping Down

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote
Nintendo can't keep relying on this guy forever.
He has the right idea by wanting to train the new generation of developers. At least this way we might have one or two new stars rising for Nintendo instead of them going to pot when he does hang up his shoes.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
it's official, Nintendo's investors are a bunch of morons who forgot to read properly.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
it's official, Nintendo's investors are a bunch of morons who forgot to read properly.

They are not any different from a lot of investors everywhere. Reactionary nutbags. LOL
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

They are not any different from a lot of investors everywhere. Reactionary nutbags. LOL

And isn't it such a comforting thought that such "reactionary nutbags" have, on a large enough scale, financial control over the world's economy simply by influencing and trading in the open market. And like herd animals, if one starts to run away in a panic, others do to, even if they don't know what supposed danger they're running from.

Yup, the system works (See: House of Cards)! /sarcasm
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

And isn't it such a comforting thought that such "reactionary nutbags" have, on a large enough scale, financial control over the world's economy simply by influencing and trading in the open market. And like herd animals, if one starts to run away in a panic, others do to, even if they don't know what supposed danger they're running from.

Agreed. Sad These "herd animals" (I call them "anchovies") have pretty much destroyed the concept of long-term investment in the stock market. This Nintendo incident is merely a microcosmic example of what is going on overall. The anchovies react to a statement and disregard the context, swim away in panic only to swim back the next day. it almost seems like their only purpose is to keep the market volatile. Rolling Eyes

Frankly, I don't see why any emerging business owner would want to let their company become publicly traded anymore, unless they were planning to cash in and get out.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
These "herd animals" (I call them "anchovies") have pretty much destroyed the concept of long-term investment in the stock market.
Meep!
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
CareyGrant wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

Agreed. Sad These "herd animals" (I call them "anchovies") have pretty much destroyed the concept of long-term investment in the stock market. This Nintendo incident is merely a microcosmic example of what is going on overall. The anchovies react to a statement and disregard the context, swim away in panic only to swim back the next day. it almost seems like their only purpose is to keep the market volatile. Rolling Eyes

Frankly, I don't see why any emerging business owner would want to let their company become publicly traded anymore, unless they were planning to cash in and get out.

Money. IPO's and the stock market made people like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg (sp? Don't care). Multi-billionaires almost overnight. So yeah, it's all about money. Frankly, I liken investing and the stock market to gambling only on a grander scale and with a much larger impact (See: Current Global Meltdown).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1