• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Hated Chapter(s) in a Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coykiesaol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote
what chapter do u wish never happened or just really hate in a manga

mine was Trigun Maximum chapter 64 WOLFWOOD/END

man i hated it....it was so sad
amulyaa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quote
coykiesaol wrote:
what chapter do u wish never happened or just really hate in a manga

mine was Trigun Maximum chapter 64 WOLFWOOD/END

man i hated it....it was so sad

There are Many especially those of fighting sequences. I really do not like that.
Citrus Fruit

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Chapter 61- Chapter 108 of Gantz

The latter half of these chapters is just to dark for me, but the majority of these chapters just contain characters that would have, could have, and should have been developed more than they were, being killed off. Hell, even one of the central main characters is killed off in this arc. Not only that, but all these characters don't even go out in a blaze of glory, they just take one hit from the magical statue thing's many weapons and that's it, all the dramatic introductions, relationships, and plot developments these characters brought along are completely erased. They don't even give you the bare minimum when it comes to Gantz deaths, and that's gore. Definitely the most disappointing arc in any manga I've ever read.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I hate on this chapter whenever I get the chance, and it's starting to annoy even me, but Hunter x Hunter Chapter 299 was the worst excuse for a chapter I have ever read.

You don't even have to know what's going on in the manga at that point to read it. It's full of sketchy drawings and blatant homosexual subtext about male characters "tasting" each other (this is a Weekly Shonen Jump manga, mind you) that came out of freaking nowhere.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Citrus Fruit wrote:

The latter half of these chapters is just to dark for me, but the majority of these chapters just contain characters that would have, could have, and should have been developed more than they were, being killed off. Hell, even one of the central main characters is killed off in this arc. Not only that, but all these characters don't even go out in a blaze of glory, they just take one hit from the magical statue thing's many weapons and that's it, all the dramatic introductions, relationships, and plot developments these characters brought along are completely erased. They don't even give you the bare minimum when it comes to Gantz deaths, and that's gore. Definitely the most disappointing arc in any manga I've ever read.

Just to be clear, you've read all of Gantz right? Because I decided to stick through with the series and looking back at those chapters you've listed I don't have a problem with them anymore.

As for my own selection: every single chapter of the entire Hueco Mundo/Arrancar arc. Poorly written, poorly paced, poorly executed and poorly concluded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote
The chapter in One Piece where we find out about Nami's past. It felt like Oda was just snapping logic in half just to manipulate the audience's emotions.

The probably the exact point where I started developing a grudge against the series.[/i]
Citrus Fruit

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Citrus Fruit wrote:

Just to be clear, you've read all of Gantz right? Because I decided to stick through with the series and looking back at those chapters you've listed I don't have a problem with them anymore.

As for my own selection: every single chapter of the entire Hueco Mundo/Arrancar arc. Poorly written, poorly paced, poorly executed and poorly concluded.

Well yeah, they do fix most of the issues i had with those chapters, but that dosn't make killing off tons of characters,spoiler[ most of whom aren't revived later on] justifiable. It's just that, Gantz had some absolutely fantastic arcs, so it's kind of a shame to have such a crappy arc, especially towards the beginning of the manga.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
The chapter in One Piece where we find out about Nami's past. It felt like Oda was just snapping logic in half just to manipulate the audience's emotions.

The probably the exact point where I started developing a grudge against the series.[/i]

I've never been a big fan of that chapter either, too much melodrama.
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

Snapping logic in half? So, Nami's own mother being killed in front of her eyes and having to work for the very person who killed her is snapping logic in half?!
The stupidity of your comment is almost baffling.

On topic, I hate most of the recent chapters in Bleach. Why the hell is this series still ongoing?
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 am Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

Snapping logic in half? So, Nami's own mother being killed in front of her eyes and having to work for the very person who killed her is snapping logic in half?!

On topic, I hate most of the recent chapters in Bleach. Why the hell is this series still ongoing?

Spoiler tags would've been nice.
detectiveai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
MasterKingJC wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

Yeah, this. Wtf? All of the main characters have some sort of tragedy in their pasts, how is Nami's more 'melodramatic' or baffling?
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
The last half of Bunny Drop, I couldn't finish it after I read parts of it online. After book 4 it started to suck. I can't believe it ended like it did even though it was amazing for the first four books. It breaks my heart that such a amazing manga could end the way it did.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
The last half of Bunny Drop, I couldn't finish it after I read parts of it online. After book 4 it started to suck. I can't believe it ended like it did even though it was amazing for the first four books. It breaks my heart that such a amazing manga could end the way it did.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
double posted by accident

Last edited by IchigoK90 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
One recent manga chapter that I just hate with a passion is Fairy Tail 255. For those familiar with what's going on in the manga you'll probably understand and it doesn't help that I haven't particularly enjoyed the past arc.

Those who read the series know what was happening while on Tenrou island and I have to say it is by far one of the laziest written arcs I've ever read in a shounen manga series. The way Hiro Mashima resolves everything in this arc is pretty much through because there is literally no consequence to whatever happens during this arc. Now I know D.E.M isn't anything new to find in a shounen series but it gets really tiresome when every issue is resolved through this plot device the ENTIRE arc.

D.E.M in shounen series didn't bug so much until this arc because as improbably and contrived as I've found other shounen series to be with the way things are resolved, this is the worst case ever. It literally got to the point where because I already knew something was going to turn things around it just became a matter of guessing who would come to the rescue in their time of need. Because of that it got to the point that during the fights I was just so bored reading the chapters because there really wasn't a point to reading them knowing that no matter what happens in them and how badly the heroes are losing, something will come up to save them. It didn't help that the fights weren't that interesting to begin with and everything just became predictable.

But 255 was the cherry on the cake as a big eff you to readers. It has to be mentioned just how pointless and seemingly useless the current time skip is and because of that I've nearly given up on this series. I was just extremely disappointed with how Mashima decided to use the time skip because the way he used it these past few chapters feels like nothing more than a gimmick because other Shounen series have done it as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2