• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Ghost Stories" references Sliders?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBHughes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone can help me confirm a bit of information. A recent Wikipedia update mentions a quote from the ADV dub of the anime "Ghost Stories". The below allegedly comes from episode 8, "The Circuit Connects to Hell: Demon of the Underworld":

"(Leo) hasn't been this disappointed since they cancelled Sliders."

Can anyone confirm for me that the above line is in the episode? I really appreciate any help on it. Thanks! Smile
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quote
Yes, it is. Timestamp 06:01

To keep this thread useful after answering the initial question...it would be interesting to list and discuss interesting references in Ghost Stories (English dub version), since there are so many that it'd be impossible for one person to know them all. That's one reason why GS makes such good group viewing -- people can fill in others' missing knowledge and explain the jokes. I like to think I got a lot of them, but I didn't know that Leo's lines in episode 3 of "I may have never been to me, but I have been a ghost" were from an old drag queen song. Or that Todd Benson (whoever that is) was involved in "Skating with Celebrities"; he's referenced in some middle episode when the kids are talking about some scary place and someone says, "I hear they have Todd Benson there. On skates."

And one of my favorites in the "nobody I know gets this" category comes from episode 10 when Satsuki says of the tunnel construction project, "I hope it isn't like the Big Dig. What a ripoff that was." Good thing I'm a roads/traffic nut as well as an anime fan viewer Cool

So if you have any other fun trivia about Ghost Stories, share it here.
DBHughes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for clearing that one up for me! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1