• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thundercats live-action movie?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVogfather

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quote
http://imdb.com/title/tt1047015/

mabe i missed it but a thundercats live action move? does anyone know if its a hoex or somethin

{EDITED BY MODERATOR: Use appropriate thread titles, please. Don't be vague. And for God's sake, make an effort to use proper capitalisation, grammar and spelling. Think of the children. -- abunai}
Arba Da Carba

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote
It was announced on June 5, 2007, that Warner Bros. is making a CGI-animated feature film of Thundercats. The script has been written by Paul Sopocy and will be produced by Spring Creek Productions. No release date has yet been confirmed.
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
The_Vogfather wrote:

{EDITED BY MODERATOR: Use appropriate thread titles, please. Don't be vague. And for God's sake, make an effort to use proper capitalisation, grammar and spelling. Think of the children. -- abunai}

... and for that matter, what has Thundercats got to do with anime?

It was U.S.-produced, not imported and dubbed ....
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:

Yes, but it was animated by some well known anime creators (can't think of a better way to say it). It even as it's own ANN encyclopedia entry.

My 100th Post Very Happy Very Happy
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:

Animated by Japanese. However, I don't think it should be considered anime either, or Darkwing Duck should be considered as an anime as well, and many current titles we call anime today should be credited to Koreans, which is not true.

Somehow I feel forum dwellers here are more interested in remakes (especially live-action ones) of American cartoons and comics they've read in their childhoods (Transformers, Thundercats, or that nonexistent "Batman anime") rather than anime of the past or present. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
So let's see, since the Transformers movie was actually G.I. Joe, seeing as it focused more on soldiers than on alien robots, I'm guessing this Thundercats movie will really be about He-Man.

Hollywood, you are a wily one. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1