• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kishimoto Brothers Naruto & O-Parts Hunter

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:56 am Reply with quote
I recently picked up the O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) just because I liked the way the character looked on the cover. I later found out that the person who made this manga was the twin brother of the person who made Naruto. I was wondering if anyone else has read it and what are your thoughts on it? Also, does any knows how popular this manga is over in Japan? Lastly, do you think it will have a chance to be animated? Thanks.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quote
I love O-Parts Hunter, although I would have to say it's not at "polished" as Naruto. And while each story is unique, both are still somewhat similar. I would recommend O-Parts Hunter if you like Dragon Ball and Naruto. I don't know its popularity anywhere else. Supposedly, it's in the works for an anime release sometime by the end of this year or at the beginning of next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I did read the first volume of this series and, well, meh. I mean, I really liked the art (hard to go against Kishimoto's art, which yes, wasn't actually his, but it's very, very similar), and I guess there were maybe a few other elements that were okay, but first and foremost it just seemed like Seishi tried too hard, like he crammed way too much into just that one volume, and it seemed like he was more concentrated on just copying all of his brother's character backgrounds and motivations almost to a fault and not even doing nearly as good a job of them as Masashi did. I don't know though, maybe I've got to read more volumes or something.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I've never been that interested in O-Parts Hunter... But I've heard the plot goes in some strange directions later on. I heard something about Biblical and Kabbalistic references, similar to what Evangelion had... and a really twisted plot. Can a reader explain this to me? Because if so, I might be willing to give O-Parts Hunter another look.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I haven't gotten that far, but I know about those references. Apparently there are some like Jio where spoiler[a bunch of people are angels and a bunch are demons, and there's a group trying to catch them, and so on.] I don't know where the o-parts went off to... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TSC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
I find 666 Satan to be much better story and art than Naruto is. he seems to know what he's doing when making a manga unlike what Naruto is heading, despite being in the shadow of his twin brother(naruto).
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
TSC wrote:
I find 666 Satan to be much better story and art than Naruto is. he seems to know what he's doing when making a manga unlike what Naruto is heading, despite being in the shadow of his twin brother(naruto).

Well, to be honest, it's very much the opposite. (Although I guess it's a matter of opinion.) Naruto's been going on waaay longer and (in both stories) the art has improved very much. This is more noticeable in Naruto if you know what particular volumes I'm talking about.
TSC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
TSC wrote:

Well, to be honest, it's very much the opposite. (Although I guess it's a matter of opinion.) Naruto's been going on waaay longer and (in both stories) the art has improved very much. This is more noticeable in Naruto if you know what particular volumes I'm talking about.
I find exact opposite in that case with Naruto. The art is too flat and weak compared to his earlier ones.

And as you said it's a matter of opinions.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I just like the cleaner look of the penmanship. That, and the contrasts between black and white.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1