• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bold Text Issue possible html issues

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
In a recent reply to a thread I posted (See 2nd post in the thread), I only intended to make ONLY wolfina's name in bold but the entire paragraph turned out to be bold instead, so I then decided to to see if I made a mistake in bolding the specified text but it turned out that I did not make a mistake in bolding the text, Then I tried viewing it on multiple browsers IE, Firefox 2.0.0.4, Opera 9.21, they all have the same issue, with that specific post. I'm not an html expert but I think there might be something wrong with how the html is being handled on ANN when it comes to using bold text in some instances. If anyone, the mods, or web site admin knows what is causing this issue I'll greatly appreciate it.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah, you made a mistake. You wrote the closing tag as [\b] instead of [/b] (backslash instead of slash)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LightYagami

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Yeah, you made a mistake. You wrote the closing tag as [\b] instead of [/b] (backslash instead of slash)

Thank you very much for pointing my mistake out it has been corrected.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1