• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Internal Server Error?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10円

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
The main page seems to be down.

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [out of date email address] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.animenewsnetwork.com Port 80
10円

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it's back now...
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
No I've also had this problem several times in the past few days where I can't get onto the site for several hours. Also is anyone else having issues with staying logged in? Every so often my account is logout automatically even though I always check to make sure that the keep log in button is checked.

Edit: looks like the site is down again, although I can still navigate the forum with no problem. Well actually it appears to be happening more often when I use the search feature.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I saw that error message too. I couldn't get on ANN for a short while. So there was somethings for me to do while it was trying to be brought back to life. And I bet some of you probably missed my animated Kefka avatar during this problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
Nope. Just checked and still no home page.

Delta:
I'm also randomly logged out while browsing the site. It is annoying, but perhaps it is some sort of security measure. The biggest headache is when I don't notice I've been logged out, I've typed up a post, them I'm told to "please sign in", and I have to start all over. Rolling Eyes
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
Got the message the first time I tried to access ANN after our internet connection went down, but when I pushed the refresh button, it connected to ANN.
Gage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
This has happened to be numerous times, okay not numerous but a few times anyway. And everyone I contact Chris, the website comes up at the second I send the message... it makes me look like I'm a liar or something.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
I saw this same message for about five minutes early yesterday afternoon, as well. For some reason, it only came up when I was trying to access "The Click" column; everything managed to connect in the end.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I got that message as well when I tried to go to ANN directly but I was able to access it through the topic reply notification in my mailbox. I thought that that was weird. Couldn't get in one way but I was able to get in another.
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this would go along with this problem but.... Last night I kept getting the erroe message

Aplication Error (Rails)

It wouldn't let me on ANN the whole night. I tried different ways to get in ANN, but it didn't work out very well.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
I'm not sure if this would go along with this problem but.... Last night I kept getting the erroe message

Aplication Error (Rails)

It wouldn't let me on ANN the whole night. I tried different ways to get in ANN, but it didn't work out very well.

When I try to access the main website www.animenewsnetwork.com I would get that message about application Error (Rails) and when I attempted to access other places on site I was getting the internal server error, eventually I was getting the sorry it appears the server is a little overloaded.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Everything seems to be working fine now. One thing I have noticed is I'm not getting double emails for topic replies anymore. Maybe the two are related?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Everything seems to be working fine now. One thing I have noticed is I'm not getting double emails for topic replies anymore. Maybe the two are related?

Same here! Isn't that wonderful!...unless we get them all in a flood at the end of the day
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I have the same stupid server error message which is odd because I only left the site for about two minutes. And I could not log in until now.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Quick update,

Not sure what causing this, it might be the new greenlinks script since it's the only significant change I know of that's been made recently.

I'm waiting for Dan to wake up (he's in Tokyo, so he should be up and working in about 2 hours), hopefully he can figure out what's going on.

In the meantime, I'm monitoring the server and giving it a kick whenever it slows down too much.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3