• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
User Account Cancelled/Deleted?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
After looking in this thread, I noticed that the author no longer has a link to his profile, his avatar is gone, and his user title is "guest". Was he banned? Or has his account been "deleted" to a certain extent?
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Read some of the stuff he said in this topic all the way to about here. He was getting into pretty vicious flaming of the staff, although I think some of it got deleted.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
Yes, it's safe to say he is gone. We're pretty forgiving about complaints and issues being brought up by users regarding the staff, but he took it too far and waged a war of misinformation and conjecture against the staff. It's one thing to address issues regarding the site, it's another to do nothing but attack those people based on ignorant assumptions of what exactly the staff does.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
Well I found it funny at first, because even certain banned users account profiles you can still look up, like AnimeFreak6969. The guy was a jerk anyway, I guess it was his time to go Rolling Eyes
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:46 am Reply with quote
Usually we ban people and don't delete their accounts. In this case, the account should have been permanently banned, however the person who took the disciplinary action thought that deleting the account was okay.

The end result for the user in question is the same, it's just a technical matter for us. We prefer not to delete accounts because of the encyclopedia and other database issues.

-t
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I was also wondering about this a little bit as well. When I heard Terek was gone and when I saw one of his posts and it said "Guest" I was a little confuses since I see Animefreak6969's and it still has Shinobu and that wonerful location under it. But now it's answered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1