• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How do I search for "similar" anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chylld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Hi All,

My girlfriend has taken a liking to Princess Tutu, which is by far one of the weirdest pieces of work I have ever seen. We only first saw it in the shop a few weeks ago and already she's almost finished it - however I have absolutely no idea what else is out there that's similar!

The genres for this anime are comedy, magical girl, shoujo, romance; is there a way to find other anime having similar genres? I tried using the power search but there weren't any such options.

Also any personal recommendations would be most appreciated Smile

Cheers!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
You might want to read this first. Currently ANN doesn't allow recommendation threads and if they did more then likely they belong in the anime forum. As for searching the encyclopedia for similar anime that currently isn't an options although version two of the encyclopedia is rumor to have something like that.

Otherwise check out this site. http://www.anime-planet.com/anirec/
chylld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
You might want to read this first. Currently ANN doesn't allow recommendation threads and if they did more then likely they belong in the anime forum. As for searching the encyclopedia for similar anime that currently isn't an options although version two of the encyclopedia is rumor to have something like that.

Otherwise check out this site. http://www.anime-planet.com/anirec/

That anirec site is perfect! Thanks.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:18 am Reply with quote
Searching for anime by type or genre has been suggested and take in to consideration and may be implemented with a newer version of the encyclopedia. Otherwise currently anime recommendation threads are not allowed at this time and this is also not the forum for it, it would belong on the anime forum even if it were allowed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1