• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Parse/syntax error With Normal Browsing

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mephistophilus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Browser: IE6 (don't use IE much, so haven't obtained IE7, sorry...), Firefox 2.0.0.2

Exact text of error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/domains/ANN-prod/vendor/phpBB2/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 247

Effects: On default theme (board style), the images of the forums (backgrounds and the like) disappear all together, with a message like that above appearing. The line number seems to change in a rather erratic manner, but the text is mostly the same otherwise.

Issues: It doesn't seem to impede browsing, and the problem can be rectified for a single page by refreshing a few times, but the background does become completely blank, making reading slightly difficult at times. Also, the problem is recurring in a somewhat random manner.
Hikaru Suzuhara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I am also experiencing this error.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I had something similar happen on entring the forums (through the link in a news article), but since doing a ctrl+refresh its been fine so I thought it was just a glitch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, there was a temporary glitch with a banner that was messing up phpBB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Not sure how related this is, but as of this afternoon every image on every page of ANN forums, including buttons and avatars, aren't loading and instead show a box with a description of the button inside the box instead.

[EDIT] Actually, I think it's just my browser/internet. The "white page" problem I don't think is, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1