• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What obscurely known/rarer/hard to find anime have you seen?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote
For me, I've seen Teknoman and one of the Mazinger series. I mean ones that are so rare it's you may only find them easily on EBay or Amazon.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Up until lately I always thought my bootleg Voltron tapes were rare. Some older hard to find shows I've got/seen would be stuff like the Project A-ko movies, MD Geist, the original Genocyber, original Dirty Pair, and original Dominion Tank Police. One other harder to find title that all places eem to be out of is Big Wars.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Except I've seen Genocyber, MD Geist, the A-KO movies, Dominion Tank Police and most of the Dirty Pair series, so it can't be THAT rare.

Landlock, The Weathering Continent (I just can't find anyone who's seen it), Idol Fighter SU CHI PAI, Toki no Tababito Time Stranger and some others I can't even remember the name of myself!!

EDIT: Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, not hard to find or rare, but not many people see this.

Last edited by Iwatch2muchanime on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Majokko Tsukune-chan and Gag Manga Biyori are two awesome anime that are practically unheard of. As far as I know Tsukune-chan hasn't even been fansubbed, but the humor can be easily understood without knowing the language. Watching a happy little girl gleefully bash a piece of bleeding meat with a club is something that can be universally understood. Gag Manga Biyori surprisingly was subbed, and although it's more of a show that'll make you go WTF than laugh it's still a piece of genius.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Twilight of the Dark Master is fairly obscure... I think? So is Legend of Duo, I would assume, since I haven't seen much of anything said about it anywhere. Oku-sama wa Joshi Kousei as well, I think. But the problem is that since anything anime that isnt Naruto or Inuyasha is obscure where I live, I dont really have a good grip on the concept of what is actually "obscure". But these are the titles that I dont think I have seen much about anywhere online.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Eruanna wrote:
Twilight of the Dark Master is fairly obscure... I think? So is Legend of Duo, I would assume, since I haven't seen much of anything said about it anywhere. Oku-sama wa Joshi Kousei as well, I think. But the problem is that since anything anime that isnt Naruto or Inuyasha is obscure where I live, I don't really have a good grip on the concept of what is actually "obscure". But these are the titles that I don't think I have seen much about anywhere online.

If you're gonna mention Twilight of the Dark Master you gotta include Darkside Blues as well. Also Kimera, Sin, and Wicked City come to mind.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
It is sad really since The Weathering Continent was/is still showing on Encore action, animidnight...Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, yeah not alot of people have seen this that I know of...sorta sad anime, again my weakness for people dying slowly due to sickness (though that isn't what killed her...I don't think, can't remember too well) always makes the anime sad. Is Cat Soup obscure, I don't think it is but not aot of people seem to have seen it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote
She kinda spoiler[killed herself at the end to SAVE THE WORLD]

[edit: Please use spoiler tags in the future - Keonyn]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If you're gonna mention Twilight of the Dark Master you gotta include Darkside Blues as well. Also Kimera, Sin, and Wicked City come to mind.

Seen Kimera, and Im still trying to find Darkside Blues.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quote
For being a CLAMP work, it seems like I run across very few people who have seen (much less own) Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.

Hells bells, it was a sub-only DVD release. You'd think people would be fawning all over it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I own this one, I didn't buy it but I won it at my anime store, I saw a year before though.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
She kinda killed herself at the end to SAVE THE WORLD

Ahhh so that is what it was... *hit self upside the head*

Seriously though I feel kind of stupid, should have known since it was something so important. Embarassed
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

Ahhh so that is what it was... *hit self upside the head*

Seriously though I feel kind of stupid, should have known since it was something so important. Embarassed

Ya but the good thing about that, or bad thing, is that they spoiler[played it out as a slow and painful death, kind of like The Ugly Yet Beautiful World ending but worse for the better.]
10円

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
I own this one, I didn't buy it but I won it at my anime store, I saw a year before though.

&
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

&
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
Ya but the good thing about that, or bad thing, is that they spoiler[played it out as a slow and painful death, kind of like The Ugly Yet Beautiful World ending but worse for the better.]

1. They're a bunch of needless one-liners, all in the same thread
2. They apparently include multiple unmarked spoilers as well (tags added)
3. They're no better than the crap you find in any run-of-the-mill chat room
4. They're coming from the same person we've already banned once.

Can somebody please ban this mindless person for the second/third/fourth time? This is a thread I'm extremely interested in, but seeing this little boy's trash left everywhere is really annoying.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Majokko Tsukune-chan and Gag Manga Biyori are two awesome anime that are practically unheard of. As far as I know Tsukune-chan hasn't even been fansubbed, but the humor can be easily understood without knowing the language. Watching a happy little girl gleefully bash a piece of bleeding meat with a club is something that can be universally understood. Gag Manga Biyori surprisingly was subbed, and although it's more of a show that'll make you go WTF than laugh it's still a piece of genius.

Lol, I introduced you to those two. They're both greatly under appreciated anime, and I'd recommend them both if you like crazy comedies. Oh, and an animated representation of what she was referring to:

Hmm, trying to think of something else rather unknown... I suppose Pugyuru isn't really that well known, and I found it pretty funny. May be right up anybody's alley who likes the other two previously mentioned ones. It doesn't really make much sense...

Edit:

10円 wrote:
2. They apparently include multiple unmarked spoilers as well (tags added)

I really don't care about the other three since I just ignore them, but I really don't like this one since I haven't seen the those two anime and am thinking about seeing at least one of them. Thanks a lot for spoiling them, iwatch. Always appreciated.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2